IGNORED

Paul Pang OCXO Pci Express SSD VS TCXO SSD with jcat cable

It's unlikely that you would find anyone who has listened to both except may be Paul Pang himself. I would take his word that TCXO SSD sounds warmer with more body vs OCXO PCIE SSD sounds more detailed with wider soundstage. I use the TCXO SSD with TCXO mobo and it's wonderful smooth sound with great body. If your system is more on the lean side, go with TCXO SSD I guess.

On a separate note, I also noticed Paul Pang mentioned on his page that Win10 has better sound quality than Windows Server 2012.

I also noticed Paul Pang mentioned on his page that Win10 has better sound quality than Windows Server 2012.

Yes. but not 2012R2 in core mode (which is the best OS for audio)

Paul Pang always suggest to use 2012R2 in GUI mode which he claimed that it sounded good enough.

It's not true because core mode is very much far better than GUI mode and other winss.

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

12932837_1700967073514123_7525078827891555851_n.jpg

PP parts = low reliability. And good luck if you should need customer service.

Yes.... LOL...

It straight from your heart, Isn't it? ha ha ha...

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

Hi...

I'm the one who use all things of Paul's product.

Believe me... please don't buy anything from him... nightmare is waiting for you.

Yesterday i've just mailed him to complain for his very bad service and the lousy product which never work stable, reliable.. sometimes work, sometimes not, sometimes can boost, sometimes can't..

His SSD is a F word low quality..

My OCXO OS SSD, I just twisted the SATA cable and the SSD connector broke in to pieces. It took 1 month for repairing. (no part in stock)

My OCXO music SSD, it can read but can't write data.. i sent it together with OS SSD, now 2 months with nothing. He just mailed me that he will send a new one for me today.

I also mailed him that i don't need his things anymore. i will return all of them to him and need him to refund me but he don't reply me yet.

I second Naidiver's post. My server is all PPA. Still works, sounds good, but barely worth it. Bad SSDs, SATA cables, mobo, USB card. His power supply smoked two mobos. Some replaced, others he won't respond or claims it's my fault, or says "no warranty", even when his web site says differently. Look elsewhere.

I second Naidiver's post. My server is all PPA. Still works, sounds good, but barely worth it. Bad SSDs, SATA cables, mobo, USB card. His power supply smoked two mobos. Some replaced, others he won't respond or claims it's my fault, or says "no warranty", even when his web site says differently. Look elsewhere.

Agree! Kilroy.

I can't take it anymore. I have to restart the machine 5-6 times for using it everyday. It makes me have to leave it power on all day to stand by for my next listenning because i afraid that it's won't boost again.

Please see on Over ride section. it's not the same.

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (4).jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (5).jpg

Sorry to hear the bad experiences with PPA product. I have been much luckier I guess. My server is maxed out using all PPA products. I had two bad incidents: 1) broke the SSD connector while messing with the black SATA cable 2) OS SSD with TCXO clock stopped working after 7 months.

The first one was entirely my fault. But, I received a free replacement within 3 weeks. However, I was dealing with Chris instead of Paul. Maybe thats why the turn out was really fast. I am not sure, if Chris still works for PPA.

When the OS SSD broke, I was fortunate to hear back from Paul very quick and he shipped a replacement SSD right away. But I think I mentioned that on online forums PPA is getting a bad rep and that may have helped me to get a very quick SSD replacement. I have new OS SSD with TCXO for about 7 months now and it is going great.

So, apart from this one OS SSD failure, everything else has been going complete smooth for my music server for the past 1.5 year. The sound is SUBLIME! It's one of the best value investment I have made for my audio hobby.

I think there's almost no competitive product in the market for what PPA offers. But it is risky given the poor customer service as reported by others and the reliability. To be on the safe side, anyone can always stick to PPA SATA cables, USB cables, LAN cables and USB cards.

• 2 months later...
I think this is why PP products are no longer in Highend audioPC.

+1...says something.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Sorry to hear the bad experiences with PPA product. I have been much luckier I guess. My server is maxed out using all PPA products. I had two bad incidents: 1) broke the SSD connector while messing with the black SATA cable 2) OS SSD with TCXO clock stopped working after 7 months.

The first one was entirely my fault. But, I received a free replacement within 3 weeks. However, I was dealing with Chris instead of Paul. Maybe thats why the turn out was really fast. I am not sure, if Chris still works for PPA.

When the OS SSD broke, I was fortunate to hear back from Paul very quick and he shipped a replacement SSD right away. But I think I mentioned that on online forums PPA is getting a bad rep and that may have helped me to get a very quick SSD replacement. I have new OS SSD with TCXO for about 7 months now and it is going great.

So, apart from this one OS SSD failure, everything else has been going complete smooth for my music server for the past 1.5 year. The sound is SUBLIME! It's one of the best value investment I have made for my audio hobby.

I think there's almost no competitive product in the market for what PPA offers. But it is risky given the poor customer service as reported by others and the reliability. To be on the safe side, anyone can always stick to PPA SATA cables, USB cables, LAN cables and USB cards.

+1. Beside OS SSD sometimes experience boot up difficulty, the server PPA built for me as audio PC had been running reasonably smooth. Same can be said about control PC using all PPA parts but configured and built by AudioPhil and his team.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

+1...says something.

Yes. that's it.

but now Marcin are trying to put JPLAY at risk with Paul SSDs.

I really wanna ask him.... " Are you sure about this? "

+1. Beside OS SSD sometimes experience boot up difficulty, the server PPA built for me as audio PC had been running reasonably smooth. Same can be said about control PC using all PPA parts but configured and built by AudioPhil and his team.

I don't know why everything from paul has gone wrong,.even his SATA cable.

Last few weeks, i returned or paul's things to him and keep 2 red II SATA cables.

Even his cables can cause PC unbootable.

Now i have to restart 4-5 times at least before it ready to play songs.

What a shame...

• 2 weeks later...

I am using several PPA products in my dual cat setup for several years now and nothing has been broken yet. I must be lucky :)

Mobile: iPhone 6s 128Gb > Chord Hugo > Shure 846

Stereo: PPA dual streamer setup with JPlay and AO > Lampizator Golden Gate SE > Classe Omega Preamp MKII > 2xNord On UP NC500DM > Linkwitz LX521