IGNORED

Pricy, portable, good DAC

What do you think about Meridian Explorer 2 with MQA support?

I listened to both the previous generation of Meridian Explorer and Dragonfly and they both were a disappointing act...

lacking both detail and transparency specially at the midrange...

So I went for a geek out...very happy with that for a pc companion.

Today I would also look curiously at Mojo.

Mojo is the best portable dac . I had the ifi micro idsd and sold it once I listened to the Mojo

Plus the ifi is big for travel unlike the mojo

Depends on the music. The iDSD Micro offers DSD up to DSD 256, PCM and DXD natively.

The Mojo converts DSD to PCM 704k before playback.

The iDSD Micro offers DSD up to DSD 256, PCM and DXD natively.

The iDSD Micro is capable of native octa-rate DSD or DSD512!

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

It seems common knowledge that Chord Hugo or Mojo sound best with PCM for instance redbook, and using Chords filter, and ifi sounds best with everything upsampled with HQplayer for instance to as high dsd as your computer can make realtime, preferrably dsd512. So where Im interested in, if there is anybody who compared both at those rates, so Mojo with normal pcm, and ifi idsd with the same music upsampled to dsd512.