IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

10 hours ago, Mahler and Bach on Computer said:

Unfortunately, I still see the logo of SMS200 from the Network posted as a question mark.

… don’t bother … it’s the same on my High Sierra MacBook Pro (late 2011)

… and if you uncheck Share folder (samba) in eunhasu Library configuration page the file explorer entry will disappear 

0D86300E-8738-4F60-8971-20C072BA6132.jpeg

Stefano

My audio system

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, swcng2001 said:

The issue I have concerns gapless playback. It works fine with FLAC PCM encoded files however I have not been able to get it to work with DSF files

Just tried with JRiver26 and SOtM sMS200 Neo as DLNA renderer and it works fine with dsf files, gapless is ok.

I doubt it can be a sMS200 issue on your side, have you asked on the JRiver support forum?

Stefano

My audio system

8 minutes ago, swcng2001 said:

Gapless dsd files are played correctly

That’s a good news!

8 minutes ago, swcng2001 said:

but not being able to resample/upsample files is not ideal

Unfortunately my JRiver version (26) doesn’t allow to resample to DSD using a DLNA receiver, the functionality was released since v.27 

Sorry I cannot help anymore …

Stefano

My audio system

45 minutes ago, swcng2001 said:

Is it an issue with JRiver acting as a DLNA server

I would say it’s a JRiver issue as Sotm sms200 works with other players without any issue

46 minutes ago, swcng2001 said:

HQPlayer on the SOtM be used to upsample before handing the data over to MPD/DLNA in real time?

… using HQPlayer Embedded, that’s what I use ..,. no issues at all

Stefano

My audio system

9 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

Perhaps, the sMS-200 has a problem supporting gapless playback when playing the high sample rate WAV files provided by JRiver's UPnP/DLNA media servers when upsampling (or producing DoP).

In the past, up to JRiver26, it tried and used it in all its possible configuration and it didn’t have any issue. 
Sotm sms200 was used as dlna renderer without issues. 
Sotm sms200 worked fine with Audirvana too and as MPD/Dlna renderer with Minimserver 

Never had any issue playing gapless up to dsd256 where possible. 

Now it works flawlessly and gapless as HQP NAA up to dsd512.
It should be interesting if you could try yourself instead of speculating on “theories “.

In my experience JRiver is a quite strange “beast”, difficult and confusing to set it up in the right way and it has different behaviors depending on which OS it is running on: I experimented on macOS and Ubuntu and it has different flaws … very confusing …

Stefano

My audio system

9 minutes ago, swcng2001 said:

How can I do this with HQPlayer NAA on the SOtM?

My setup is as follows 

• Minimserver as upnp library server
  • Bubbleupnpserver to give HQPlayer embedded OpenHome compatibility (necessary to be able to use Lumin app as control point)
  • Lumin (or Linn Kazoo, Linn, Bubbleupnp ..,.)
  • HQPlayer Os (embedded) running on Intel Nuc
  • HQPlayer NAA running on Sotm sms200 
  • dac usb connected to Sotm/NAA

Stefano

My audio system

6 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

the problem being down to JRiver's production of those particular WAV files for streaming on that particular machine

Not different from Ropieee XL, maybe just for different MPD and UPMPDCLI versions. 
My idea is that JRiver guys released DSD upsampling for a marketing reason over all, at the v26 time they where of the opinion that DSD upsampling to a DLNA renderer was impossible, then the released the feature, just up to DSD64, in v27 and in v28 they gave more options. 
It is possible that the functionality it still quite “young” and possibly a bit buggy.

It would be fine if more customers could use it and “shrink” out the issues, but there are more appealing players outside like Audirvana, Roon and HQPlayer when upsampling enters the game, then it could take some time to perfect it. 

Stefano

My audio system

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New firmware update available: V0.5.31 !

Very fast download … 2’ 30” 

Change log 

- Applied the CPU latency tunning for upgrading performance and sound quality
- Added the nqptp service to support Airplay2
- Added the NTP client service
- Fixed up the beta package installation bug
- Fixed up the wrong text in GUI page

and more: for Squeezelite Stream buffer and Output buffer settings are now differentiated

Stefano

My audio system

8 minutes ago, creativepart said:

As I said, I have updated to 5.3. I also have tried multiple times to uninstall the HQP NAA. The uninstall function says it’s working and shows Done. But the NAA is still installed and so I am not able to reinstall the new NAA version.

If you have a spare microSD card it would be better to start from scratch, download the 5.31 img file from here, burn it and reboot your sMS200 

Stefano

My audio system