IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

5 hours ago, Always.Learning said:

Has anyone else been unable to access Eunhasu?

I use the IP adress of my Ultra to get in to Eunhasu and it works but Eunhasu is really slow today and looks kind of strange 🤪 SOtM clearly have problems that comes and goes over time this is the first time that it has looked like this to me.

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
33 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

Or, use a network scanner app like Fing to show the IP addresses of all devices on the network.

I also use Fing app to show my network devices. Usually my Ultra switches between two different IP adresses.

Today I ended up re-burning the SD card with 4.56. Eunhasu was not working and after I restarted it on the front button it was not showing up on the network and no lights were blinking at the ethernet port.

With a new image everything was back to normal (before I did this I could play music so nothing wrong before I tried to enter Eunhasu and did a restart).

Main system
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC

Second system
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, afrancois said:

My conclusion is that changing the connection speed in Eunhasu doesn't do what it's indented to do. The LED on the AQVOX should be amber when the connection speed in the sMS-200 is changed to 100BASE-T.

My switch indicates 100BASE-T so on my Ultra setting it to 100BASE-T works as it should. 

Main system

Second system

I did the upgrade to 4.57 via Eunhasu but also I want to have a copy of the firmware on my computer if the SD card goes bonkers....

Downloded 4.57 from SoTM today, first of all it was a zipped file (that is a new one) and after I extracted it the file is only 2.8GB and all the other 4.XX is around 7.8GB. All other firmwares I have is ended with .BIN this new one is a .IMG that cant be right or is it?

Main system

Second system
6 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

That 2,8 GB sounds like the compressed file download size prior to extraction.

Well that is the problem that after I have extracted it with winRAR it is still 2,8GB...strange have never encountered this problem with other .img files that I have extracted.

Main system

Second system
1 minute ago, lasker98 said:

I'm downloading again right now and will let you know what happens as soon as it finishes.

I have tried different web browsers but still the same outcome, tried different programs for extracting and still the .img file is not bigger than the download.

Main system

Second system
9 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

For extracting I just right click on the compressed file in Win10 File Explorer window and select "Extract Here"

Well I usually uses Firefox as web browser but after downloading 4.57 in Chrome the extracted file is now the same size as yours. Cant remember having problems with Firefox not being able to download files correctly.

Main system

Second system
1 minute ago, PnL said:

Will return to 4.57. Whats wrong?

I run 4.58 with Roon without any problem.

Only thing I have changed is buffer time to 0.45s and 100BASE-T.

Main system

Second system

Well I really dont know what might be wrong with 4.58 as I have been playing with it for 5-6h (mostly 16/44.1 and some 96/24 from Qobuz no dsp on in my Roon ROCK). 

Main system

Second system

@lasker98

Version : V0.4.58
  - Date : 27-3-2019
  - Fixed up system upgrade time out error
  - Fixed up kernel check time out error
  - Fixed link speed setting bug
  - Improved special charector USB ID recognize bug
Main system

Second system

I use a regular Netgear GS108 and that works with both 100/1000BASE-T as the LED on the port changes when this setting is changed. 

What switch are the modded SOtM based on?

Main system

Second system
37 minutes ago, Confused said:

It is curious that @afrancois and myself get a green light with V04.57 and 100BASE-T, whereas @octaviars gets an orange light with exactly the same configuration.  

I dont know if I wrote I get an orange light but my switch a GS108 have two LED for indication of speed and that indicates 100BASE-T. 

On my SOtM sMS-200ultra Neo I have one solid green LED and one blinking orange LED below the LAN port.

I run Roon and 4.59 right now and zero problem. 

Cant say I have had any problems with any of the 4.5X and not much difference in sound either between them.

Main system

Second system
3 minutes ago, marc b said:

Apart from that: Does anyone else think their Eunhasu is very slow in reacting to commands. In my SMS-200-Ultra it takes ages when I, for example, want to go to the System Config in the System Setup.

I find 4.59 to be faster in Eunhasu than others but also it seems to be from different from time to time when entering. Going from main page to setings took around 15 seconds today (using Firefox on PC).

Having owned other brands of streamers before I got SOtM none have had perfectly working software so I am not particulary surprised that SOtM dont get it right everytime but the 4.5X releases seems to be much more unstable (not with Roon as I have had no problem in my setup).

Main system

Second system
4 hours ago, ClothEars said:

I have loaded the latest firmware (version 4.59) and it seems to work with MPD.  The strange thing is that the change log only shows changes up to version 4.7 dated 18/3/2019.

My 4.59 shows the change log for 4.59.

Version : V0.4.59
  - Date : 27-3-2019
  - Fixed up system upgrade time out error
  - Fixed up kernel check time out error
  - Fixed link speed setting bug
  - Improved special charector USB ID recognize bug

The blinking light on the front are still there with Roon active (dac and core switched of).

Main system

Second system
2 minutes ago, PnL said:

Is there anyone who uses Roon with 4.59 (or 4.58) and has no problems?

I have zero problems with 4.59 and Roon.

I run Roon ROCK on a NUC i5 and that is connected to a Netgear GS108 switch my sMS-200ultra Neo is connected to that also. 

100BASE-T network speed and settings in Roon is 0.5 buffer time and 0.2 (I think this is the original settings). 

Cant remember anything else that I have changed and I stream the native resolution to my TAD D1000mk2 dac (usb goes via a tX-USBultra). 

Main system

Second system
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, guillaume31 said:

My SOtM does not work for me unfortunately, it's as if my sMS-200 was invisible ! But I can play music on my system !

This has happened to me also. Only thing that fixed it for me was to re-burn the SD card and after that Eunhasu was available again.

Main system

Second system
18 minutes ago, kopelli said:

Any advice? Thanks

The 4.59 version I downloaded fails the verify so I burnt 4.58 instead and upgraded to 4.59 from Eunhasu. 

Main system

Second system
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, muenchenlaim said:

Any idea?

Thanks in advance! Christoph

You are not the first one that I see have problems with SOtM and Kii. Something with the USB connection to the speaker looses the handshake. When you restart the sMS-200Ultra the connection is re-established. 

My dac does the same but it re-connects as soon as it is powered on.

I dont have any solution to the problem. 

Main system

Second system
  • 1 month later...

Did the upgrade to 0.4.6 today, some problem at first and had to re-burn my SD card and still some problems with the upgrade in Eunhasu. Switched from Firefox to Chrome and Everything went very fast and Eunhasu is much faster. I am starting to belive that Firefox and SOtM/Eunhasu is a bad thing as I have had problems downloading firmwares from SOtM with Firefox. 

Main system

Second system
9 minutes ago, MGX-UK said:

Can you please share the link where you found the download for the 4.6 as I can only find the upgrade link..... Thanks 

I had problems with 4.59 downloading it a couple of weeks ago no 4.6 on the website yet only upgrade in Eunhasu right now.

Main system

Second system
13 minutes ago, PnL said:

Anybody have direct link to image of 4.60?

I cant upgrade from eunhasu.

Thanks!

SOtM still has 4.59 on their website. 

First time I did the upgrade to 4.6 in Eunhasu it got stuck but second time it went along well but it took longer than it usually do perhaps 20 minutes. 

Main system

Second system
52 minutes ago, Confused said:

So in summary, 100BASE-T does not work with auto negotiation on, Roon and HQPlayer do not work with auto negotiation off.  So in my system at least, the 100BASE-T mode appears to be useless.  Maybe there is some other setting I need to tweak?  Not a big deal though, with auto negation set on, it sounds good and everything works fine, apart from the green 1000BASE-T light on my switch.

I run 100BASE-T with auto negotiation off and Roon without any problem. My Netgear GS108 shows with two LED what speed it runs 10/100/1000 (first, second, both) and the LED changes according to the settings i Eunhasu 100/1000.

I would asume with auto negotiation on it talks to the upstream switch and chooses the highest speed available.

"Autonegotiation is a signaling mechanism and procedure used by Ethernet over twisted pair by which two connected devices choose common transmission parameters, such as speed, duplex mode, and flow control. In this process, the connected devices first share their capabilities regarding these parameters and then choose the highest performance transmission mode they both support."

I did som more listening last night and I am really happy with how 4.6 sounds in my system ☺

Main system

Second system
2 hours ago, Confused said:

I did wonder if using the static IP would make a difference, so I tried this earlier.  With static IP selected, auto negotiation  off (so everything green), I get the Roon "an audio file is loading slowly" message and stuttering with HQPlayer.  So more of a case of when it doesn't work, don't use it. 

@Confused are you using up-sampling in Roon and HQ player when you try? I just tried runing Roon at 384kHz up-sampling to my DAC and that work fine my NUC with ROCK runs at 5.2x so no problem keeping up with that (100BASE-T and auto negotiation off).

Main system

Second system
  • 2 weeks later...

4.6 is available on SOtM webpage now for download.

https://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:burn_sdcard_image

Main system

Second system
  • 1 month later...
On 8/7/2019 at 9:19 PM, bmoregnr said:

Any thoughts?

What firmware version are you on?

Main system

Second system