IGNORED

TotalDac - Roon Ready Ethernet Interface

Mono and Stereo report TotalDac has manufactured a Roon Ready end point.

Still trying to understand how the d1 and Ethernet come into play. The Roon setting is definitely a networked product, I wonder if HQ Player will detect the end point the same way?

My understanding is that Vincent would have to implement HQP NAA on his endpoint. I don't think it is overly difficult, but when I communicated with him about this a while back he didn't seem enthusiastic about the idea. Maybe if a few more users asked for it he would implement it.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

My understanding is that Vincent would have to implement HQP NAA on his endpoint.
Then strictly speaking, that would be a different mode of operation and nothing to do with being a Roon endpoint.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

My understanding is that Vincent would have to implement HQP NAA on his endpoint. I don't think it is overly difficult, but when I communicated with him about this a while back he didn't seem enthusiastic about the idea. Maybe if a few more users asked for it he would implement it.

I'm not sure of the architecture he has adopted, but when I talked to him earlier this year, he was in the final development of this Roon support. And if you visit his website, you will notice that his DAC are presented as Roon ready, with certification pending. So I do not see any big problem here, unless I did not get the question.

The underlying architecture used in being 'Roon Ready' is implementation of Roon Labs' proprietrary Roon Advanced Audio Transport (RAAT) SDK.

Note this is totally different to HQPlayer's relationship with Roon, since Roon has been specially designed to support HQPlayer, not the other way around. Therefore HQP doesn't actually implement RAAT and being natively supported by Roon, automatically becomes a Roon endpoint.

AFAIK, the only other technologies given similar 'special' treatment by Roon are AirPlay and oddly, the defunct Squeezebox range of streamers.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox