IGNORED

Missing art work

James,

We need more input. What type of files, what device, which operating system, what playback software?

Are you saying that the folder.jpg file (for example) is in the folder with the music files but does not appear in the playback software? I know that JRiver, for example has a box you can check so that on import special files such as jpg are not imported, only music files.

James,

We need more input. What type of files, what device, which operating system, what playback software?

Are you saying that the folder.jpg file (for example) is in the folder with the music files but does not appear in the playback software? I know that JRiver, for example has a box you can check so that on import special files such as jpg are not imported, only music files.

Here ya go:

WD usb2 2TB external HD Only Music aiff’s on it

MacBook Pro 2013 8GB RAM 256 internal Flash drive usb3

AudirvanaPlus_2.4

Regen

ifi DAC nano Driver iFiHDUSBAudio_dfuapp5.1A.sh

MusocLink Transparent Interface cables

B&K Reference 200.2 S2 Power amp 225W RMS

Parasound 2100 Classic Preamp

Paradigm 100 S series speakers

I checked Integer MODE 1 Sounds better but after about 2hr's playing time it crashed again. then I had to do a force quite out of A+ very latest upgrade 2.4 I'm running Yosemite 10.10.5. I thought I had these problem beat using Yosemite and not El Capitan. I retried listen for another 30 mins no crash.

All my art work is re designed by me since I'm a graphic designer and can easily make the images look so much better, sharpening them color correcting and cleaning up all the crap on them and then saving as jpeg and naming it Cover.jpeg and then copy paste onto the main folder.

All my art work is re designed by me since I'm a graphic designer and can easily make the images look so much better, sharpening them color correcting and cleaning up all the crap on them and then saving as jpeg and naming it Cover.jpeg and then copy paste onto the main folder.

Have you tried changing the file names from "Cover.jpeg" to "cover.jpg"?

According to the manual, this is the file name that the program looks for after checking the files for embedded artwork.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Have you tried changing the file names from "Cover.jpeg" to "cover.jpg"?

According to the manual, this is the file name that the program looks for after checking the files for embedded artwork.

Thanks for the speedy reply, I'll change the Cap on cover and jpeg to jpg. But I'm really concerned about the crashing again. I'll see later if I can break the 2hr listening time. There are a few people who think the usb crashing issue is the REGEN? Thoughts?

Thanks for the speedy reply, I'll change the Cap on cover and jpeg to jpg. But I'm really concerned about the crashing again. I'll see later if I can break the 2hr listening time. There are a few people who think the usb crashing issue is the REGEN? Thoughts?

I would be tempted to try a different music player. I don't have any experience with Audirvana and so can't comment on it. But, if you try another player and it works that would point to a software setting as opposed to a hardware issue.

Working for a couple of hours and then stopping does seem a bit odd.

I would be tempted to try a different music player. I don't have any experience with Audirvana and so can't comment on it. But, if you try another player and it works that would point to a software setting as opposed to a hardware issue.

Working for a couple of hours and then stopping does seem a bit odd.

I went into each album and fixed the artwork, and also I listened late last night for 2 hr's and no crash. So now the only problem is a couple of albums have duplicates in them so I don't know why thats happening. In the past using El Capitan if I went to the Library/App support/ Audirvana and took out these 3 files that regenerate themselves on relaunch of Audirvana to would fix the issue but now it doesn't with Yosemite. And I don't want to yet trash Audirvana since I bought it.

I went into each album and fixed the artwork, and also I listened late last night for 2 hr's and no crash. So now the only problem is a couple of albums have duplicates in them so I don't know why thats happening. In the past using El Capitan if I went to the Library/App support/ Audirvana and took out these 3 files that regenerate themselves on relaunch of Audirvana to would fix the issue but now it doesn't with Yosemite. And I don't want to yet trash Audirvana since I bought it.

I expect one of the many Mac experts here may be able to help you. I do know that many prefer ALAC over AIFF as metadata and cover art can be embedded with the former but not the latter. There are bulk conversion programs that can do them all if that is what you decide.

As far as music players go, you could go with something that allows a trial version.

I expect one of the many Mac experts here may be able to help you. I do know that many prefer ALAC over AIFF as metadata and cover art can be embedded with the former but not the latter.

You can embed artwork using iTunes in both ALAC and AIFF files.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

I expect one of the many Mac experts here may be able to help you. I do know that many prefer ALAC over AIFF as metadata and cover art can be embedded with the former but not the latter. There are bulk conversion programs that can do them all if that is what you decide.

As far as music players go, you could go with something that allows a trial version.

I don't think that is accurate. XLD and MediaHuman Audio Converter, two freeware programs that I use, embed cover art and metadata in AIFF files, as does iTunes.

The basic difference between ALAC and AIFF is that ALAC is a lossless, compressed format, and AIFF is uncompressed. Where storage space is an issue, ALAC files are about 30% smaller than AIFF files. Note also, that while nearly all music player software supports AIFF on Mac or PC, some, most notably, HQPlayer, do not recognize ALAC files.

I don't think that is accurate. XLD and MediaHuman Audio Converter, two freeware programs that I use, embed cover art and metadata in AIFF files, as does iTunes.

The basic difference between ALAC and AIFF is that ALAC is a lossless, compressed format, and AIFF is uncompressed. Where storage space is an issue, ALAC files are about 30% smaller than AIFF files. Note also, that while nearly all music player software supports AIFF on Mac or PC, some, most notably, HQPlayer, do not recognize ALAC files.

Thanks for the replies, I always stick with diff. But I don't know what's causing a very few of folders of music are getting duplicates. btw I think I solved the usb crashing since I went back to Yosemite and my new Parasound 2100 Classic makes a great difference. Now I just need to sale my B&K? Any ideas where best I can do that but not eBay. Thanks

I solved the usb crashing since I went back to Yosemite and my new Parasound 2100 Classic makes a great difference. Now I just need to sale my B&K? Any ideas where best I can do that but not eBay. Thanks

You can list your item for sale right here on CA. To do that, you need to be a "subscriber". A one-month subscription costs $4.99. For more info, go here:

Computer Audiophile - Become a CA Subscriber Today!

Thanks for the correction. I'm not a Mac user and know little of what their file formats can or can't do. Obviously I read something wrong regarding AIFF. I use FLAC for everything and have never had any issues.

Thanks for the replies, I always stick with diff. But I don't know what's causing a very few of folders of music are getting duplicates. btw I think I solved the usb crashing since I went back to Yosemite and my new Parasound 2100 Classic makes a great difference. Now I just need to sale my B&K? Any ideas where best I can do that but not eBay. Thanks

Most likely user error. Its easy to unintentionally make duplicates when ripping and transcoding. Also, when you do a lot of file transfers using highlight, drag and drop, if you're not really careful its easy to make copies without realizing it. It usually happens when you come up short when dragging to a folder. You think you missed when you really just dropped the files in the wrong folder.

Sell your B&K on Audiogon. US buyers only, no Alaska and Hawaii. Buyer pays shipping and paypal fees. Use FedEx ground and declare the right amount (actual price the unit sells for plus actual shipping & fees). If you declare a higher or lower amount, you'll have problems in the event of a claim. Its not worth it.

Most likely user error. Its easy to unintentionally make duplicates when ripping and transcoding. Also, when you do a lot of file transfers using highlight, drag and drop, if you're not really careful its easy to make copies without realizing it. It usually happens when you come up short when dragging to a folder. You think you missed when you really just dropped the files in the wrong folder.

Sell your B&K on Audiogon. US buyers only, no Alaska and Hawaii. Buyer pays shipping and paypal fees. Use FedEx ground and declare the right amount (actual price the unit sells for plus actual shipping & fees). If you declare a higher or lower amount, you'll have problems in the event of a claim. Its not worth it.

Thanks I don't use paypal. Well I can't resolve the duplicates and don't see any of the files that are the dup's in any other folders. I also encountered another problem all my files are showing up in two places A+ Library and A+ Playlist. I deleted them in the playlist deleted the 3 files in Lib/App support/ A+ restarted Mac and set up the folder A+ Music which is inside my external HD and still all problems come back. I have one file in Alabama Shakes which showed up in a separate folder "Hold On" and the other Alabama Shakes has all the rest in. and I have a Beach Boy Surfer Girl which keeps getting duplicates.I tried dragging it out to the desktop and deleting one in Master folder inside external HD straight to trash and re dropped the desktop one back into Master folder but still same issue. I need help. But on the positive side my music sounds great with my new Parasound preamp.

"Thanks I don't use paypal."

Smart move.

As for the rest of it, if you have a large library and make changes often, you need to give all of your programs time to update. It can take a long time if you have a lot of music. USB HD's are much slower than internal SATA's. Also, if you're using iTunes, I've found that it makes changes to your library without giving you any warning or control. I stopped using it just for that reason. This was a while ago so I don't know if Apple ever addressed this issue. I know quite a few people had this problem.

"But on the positive side my music sounds great with my new Parasound preamp."

That's a really big deal. Most people overlook just how important it is to have a good preamp. Its just as important as any other component.

"Thanks I don't use paypal."

Smart move.

As for the rest of it, if you have a large library and make changes often, you need to give all of your programs time to update. It can take a long time if you have a lot of music. USB HD's are much slower than internal SATA's. Also, if you're using iTunes, I've found that it makes changes to your library without giving you any warning or control. I stopped using it just for that reason. This was a while ago so I don't know if Apple ever addressed this issue. I know quite a few people had this problem.

"But on the positive side my music sounds great with my new Parasound preamp."

That's a really big deal. Most people overlook just how important it is to have a good preamp. Its just as important as any other component.

I don't use iTunes and in iTunes Pref's Advanced I unchecked everything is that correct?

Also, if you're using iTunes, I've found that it makes changes to your library without giving you any warning or control.

Funny thing, that. For 15 years now, I've used iTunes on a Mac to create and manage my music library -- all CD rips or third-party downloads, no purchases from Apple.

And iTunes has never once made changes to my library without giving me warning or by taking unilateral control. Truly. Not once.

So what are we doing differently? What settings do you have, that I do not? Or could those unasked-for library changes be user error?

Dave, whose current library of nearly 2300 albums is all PCM and mainly ALAC with about 5% being AIFF

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Funny thing, that. For 15 years now, I've used iTunes on a Mac to create and manage my music library -- all CD rips or third-party downloads, no purchases from Apple.

And iTunes has never once made changes to my library without giving me warning or by taking unilateral control. Truly. Not once.

So what are we doing differently? What settings do you have, that I do not? Or could those unasked-for library changes be user error?

Dave, whose current library of nearly 2300 albums is all PCM and mainly ALAC with about 5% being AIFF

Thank you again for your feedback. I'm listening to Joe Bonamossa now, my guitar player of choice this year. As soon as I finish I'll do screen captures of all my iTunes and A+ pref windows and well see. If I could only play half as good as him.