IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

• 4 weeks later...

I was unexpectedly gifted with a ticket to see Steely Dan the other evening. It was a rare, beautiful, 70 degree night, with low humidity and nary a cloud. The concert was absolutely outstanding. Donald Becker can still get it done, and he has assembled an absolutely brilliant band. Ten musicians and three backup singers. The performance as so tight, it would have held up as a studio recording. The guy next to me, who had previously identified himself as a lifetime Steely Dan fan,  turned and said, after after one of Steely Dan's classics, did I just hear what I heard, and I said, simply, "yes, it was incredible".  

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, botrytis said:

September 30, 2023 - United Center, Chicago, ILL - Peter Gabriel

I'm a huge, longtime Gabriel fan, since Genesis started. I have seen him in concert a number of times. They were always outstanding shows, displaying his musical brilliance. He's appearing in Detroit, but with even halfway decent tickets going for $350.00 a pop, plus Ticketmaster extortion, add in a one and a half hour drive each way, $40-50 for parking, plus dinner before, that is easily a thousand dollar night out for two of us to go. In retirement, much as love Gabriel and his music, that's simply not logical or sensible. And that's shame. Major artists simply have become unaffordable for the middle class. It looks like my days of attending events other than at smaller halls with less than major artists, are effectively over. ☹️

38 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Totally get it, Well, when Peter Gabriel was practicing his 'So' tour in the US, he did it in Rochester, NY. I lived there at the time. When my wife and I heard he was coming, we were both grad students at the time, we tried and tried. The tickets were sold out in 5 minutes. We say the announcement 1/2 after it was released. 

Sorry you missed the 'So' tour. It was phenomenal. I was fortunate enough to see each of his solo tours, through that one. Sadly such things seem to be ending. for me given ticket prices, as created by Ticketmaster, aka the spawn of satan. 

• 9 months later...
5 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

I just got tickets for Molly Tuttle and Golden Highway in a favorite venue, Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix.

Molly Tuttle is a wonderful guitarist and talent!