IGNORED

PI Audio & Curious USB cables for Uptone Regen & similar usage

Our daughter and family are in own and it has been a wild day.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24855[/ATTACH]

This is a picture of the two USB cables that I am offering at this time. On the right is The USB Cable for USB 2 in a 1.5m length. On the left is a 1m USB3 cable (simply called Tres) primarily used as a data transfer cable between computers and external storage. I am using them between my Mac Mini and my main 2TB HDD as well as in a backup system that I have. Piglet is a shorter version of The USB Cable. They are all cryogenically treated.

My MPC/Mini++ Mac Mini power cable won a PFO Brutus Product of the Year award a couple of years back. It is a KILLER power cable for Mac minis in digital audio systems.

I like the looks of your cables. Well done. PI curious cables :)

[br]

Hello Classfolhphile,

Not to be rude, so I merely wanted to thank you for mentioning said Pi Audio USB cables, as I was certainly trying to narrow down several options, but after reading between the lines on what you, and a few others have stated on the Curious Cable having some weird effect in the midrange and lower spectrum, as I've heard this from 6 people whom have owned it, and have since moved on, it seems that the Pi USB is certainly worthy of my pursuit.

Thanks again, for drawing my attention to it.

?

Regards,

O_o scar

Not at all. You're welcome.

2010 Mac Mini > Singxer SU-1 > Lampizator Amber II > Rogue Cronus Magnum (modded & NOS signal tubes with 6P3S-e power tubes) > Aural Acoustic Model B speakers. Furutech outlets, PI Audio USB Cable, PAD Aqueous Aureus Praesto Digital IC, Audio Envy ICs & SCs, TWL PCs, and PI Audio Buss-Stop power conditioner.

A package arrived today from PI Audio. I was perplexed once I saw the contents. You see, I had ordered a USB cable and could not figure out how a 1.5m jump rope had gotten in there instead.

Just for clarity - it was delivered to my audiophile buddy's home. He snapped a picture of it and emailed it to me. I'm out of the country until April 11th and he lives twenty minutes from my home. When I asked him what he thought of it, he said, "My ink jet printer's colors are so much more brilliant now!"

He's going to plug it into my new Gustard X20u DAC that he's been burning in for me. I will post his thoughts when he emails me in a couple days.

A package arrived today from PI Audio. I was perplexed once I saw the contents. You see, I had ordered a USB cable and could not figure out how a 1.5m jump rope had gotten in there instead.

Just for clarity - it was delivered to my audiophile buddy's home. He snapped a picture of it and emailed it to me. I'm out of the country until April 11th and he lives twenty minutes from my home. When I asked him what he thought of it, he said, "My ink jet printer's colors are so much more brilliant now!"

He's going to plug it into my new Gustard X20u DAC that he's been burning in for me. I will post his thoughts when he emails me in a couple days.

Hi mresseguie,

I for one will definitely be watching this space, as I'm sold on pursuing this brand. As all to often some tend to only think the more costlier cables are worthy of pursuit, well I beg to differ as I'm currently using a pair of Silver Ghost ( by Mark Tunic ) which quite easily replaced a pair of $600|1m IC from the Netherlands and another pair that retailer for $789|1.5M from Italy ( no names needed, as not to offend said owners of each of these companies ) but to sit here and within all of three tracks find this $125|1m IC offering a better sense of integration, holographic effects and the ability to unravel hidden nuances which before now were so deeply buried into the underlining passages it all became so much more involving in not only an emotional manner, but one which allows me to merely be drawn into the manner in which each note is played back in a more responsive nature, as if heard for the very first time from within the actual instruments themselves, if that makes any sense?.

In my mind, there should come a point in life as with age, where we all gain more insight into ways of voicing our systems to suit our ears, as opposed to friends or peers whom would be happy seeing us continue searching for the abso!ute illusion, when in fact once a person has tweaked their system to the point, where it all comes together as a collective whole........., it's time to add to ones music collection, provided something isn't broken, that is?. All to often we are swayed by slight differences in the hardware and are never content with how the music itself should cause just effects, and then allow us to enjoy listening to music, as opposed to continuing to chase different boxes just for the sake of high fidelity, when it should be the musical truth that guides us, no!.

I'm sorry to have gotten off course, yet it's my nature to speak on said matters as I've seen them for years........, there are times where each of us has to know when good enough, is just that. In my case........., this CA thing system wise, it where it ends for me, just a few well thought out cables here and there to lock the voicing in, and I'm done.

Yet can add this has been a wonderful ride, but even the best of road trips has its desination. Until next time............

Regards,

O_o scar

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." Hilmar von Campe