IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

16 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

oh..okay. There is no good way for us to do that as an offer. The only part in common is the processor.  

I can image you would be able to offer the traded in microRendus as refurbished 1.3 or 1.4 for a discount compared to a new microRendu 1.4. Of course it all depends on the price difference between microRendu 1.4 and ultraRendu, what do you estimate will its price be (roughly)?

EDIT: this post crossed your answer, never mind. Although I am still curious about the ultrRendu price, of course.

14 minutes ago, SamS said:

It would be very helpful if some light could be shed on the improved USB regenerative improvements or 'regen'.

With the original microRendu it was known that the regen implementation was superior (even if slightly) to that which was employed in the original Uptone Regen. Not sure where I read this but it is probably somewhere on this forum.  

So now we have a new regen circuit in both the ultraRendu and new microRendu board. Are they on par with the new IsoRegen from Uptone? Or not quite? Or better again (unlikely)?

Also how does the regen implementation compare between the ultra and new microRendu board? Are they the same?

Apologies if this has already been answered and I missed it.

Thanks

Sam

I think we will learn when the reviews come from owners of the IsoRegen that buy the microRendu 1.4 and/or ultraRendu units.

• vortecjr pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, lwr said:

Just received my upgraded MicroRendu 1.4 today.  Powering it with LPS-1, followed by ISO Rendu powered by a second LPS-1, and into a modified Soekris R2R DAC, Pass Labs HPA-1, Pass Labs X600.8s, and modified Sound Labs electrostats

The improvement in SQ over 1.3  version of the  MicroRendu is immediately obvious and very satisfying.  The bass response, from the lowest lows and on up through the mid bass is much quicker and more highly defined.  The mid bass up through the lower midrange is more articulate and engaging than ever before.  These improvements flow seamlessly from the lowest lows, throughout the midrange, and into the highs in a way that sounds very natural and immediate, and yet neither euphoric nor clinical.

I had no idea that there was so much improvement to be gained.

I was hoping the isoRegen powered by LPS-1 would diminish the benefit of 1.3 versus 1.4 but now I must decide to upgrade to 1.4 or wait for people using the ultraRendu together with isoRegen.... Which USB did you use? USPCB, Curious?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Chromecast support by the Rendus would really be great. Number one on my wishlist: my girlfriend could stick with Spotify, while I can use Tidal/Roon without having to change the setup (or DAC settings).

It would really simplify a lot of things...

I now have a Chromecast Audio directly on an input on my Integrated Amp (Primaluna), so she can easily listen to Spotify by pushing one button on the amp. And I have a second Chromecast Audio, bettered by an ifi SPDIF converter (powered by LPS-1) into my Chord TT, grouped with the first Chromecast Audio. I then can change Amp to DAC input and DAC to COAX so I can improve the quality when we are listening to Spotify. Or I use my microRendu into USBSD, in Spotify mode.

Personally I use Roon, through USBHD connection of the Chord TT, on ultraRendu and isoRegen. Both LPS1-ed.

If the Rendu supports Chromecast it would really simplify this (and no more input switching for no apparent reason in her opinion). I would sell a lot of this stuff to finance the Signature Rendu I promise you I will buy as soon as this functionality is there.

2 hours ago, Em2016 said:

@vortecjr while Qobuz fixing their UPnP support is one option, how about Rendu's supporting Chromecast audio?

Can you and @agillis check this out - apparently it supports Chromecast audio.

https://github.com/ejurgensen/forked-daapd

Qobuz, Deezer, Tidal, Google Music, Amazon Music, Soundcloud, Pandora and Spotify native apps all support Chromecast. In fact ALL streaming service apps other than Apple Music support Chromecast audio.

For Qobuz, it would mean support for 24/96kHz streaming since Chromecast supports 24/96.

https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_2015_apps