IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

• 2 weeks later...
I used the HDPlex 100 watt LPS, 9 vdc output, that came with my up until now 2 channel USB media server, CAPSv4 Pipeline.

Sounded appreciably better than my CAPSv4 USB output. But the Sonore Signature Power Supply is not appreciably better - its a whole another dimension and universe better, transporting me so much more to the venue than I ever thought possible. And not one hiccup with the Microrendu! Note, the HDPlex ran the Microrendu very, very warm, not quite hot. The Sonore Signature Power Supply and the Microrendu now are only a tiny smidgen above cool and below warm! Amazing!

Not willing to part with so much cash for the Sonore, I bought the HDPlex the other day. Larry, the main man at HDPlex, set it at 7V for me (the variable rail, he says, goes that low). Whatever I'm missing out on will have to wait, I guess, but I did want to say to those unable to afford the the absolute best, the HDPlex sounds very good, and only warms my mR a bit. Happy listening!

• 1 month later...

My first try with the uR was with an old AE, the plug in type. It was plunged into a different AC line than the rest of my equipment. Then I ran an Ethernet cable into the room. Cannot say I perceived any difference, but it's of course system and ear dependent . . .

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Bob,

there is no hard and fast temperature. I refuse to give a specific temperature, this will lead people to believe that if you are at or below everything is perfect forever, 1 degree above and it will explode in 5 seconds. I'm trying to instill that this is broad fuzzy range, on the lower end, probably fine, on the upper end maybe not, but it might work great for 20 years. That is why I use the hold the finger on, it is NOT a specific temperature, it is open to interpretation etc. that is what I want. The "hold finger on" is low enough that the probability of thermal issues is very low.

So if you can hold your finger on it, don't worry.

John S.

Am a uRendu owner and fan. I hope mine goes for 20, but have to be honest and say I that I was disappointed to learn upon receiving it that the warranty is one year. Most of my gear, including your namesake, my JS-2, is covered for 3-5. Three inspires more confidence than one in this business, in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
Excuse me for jumping in: From reading too many CA posts, I think that situation with one JS-2 powering the microRendu and the Chord described above is specific to Chord DACs due to their inherent USB input design. It seems that with other DAC brands, one JS-2 is a capable solution for powering two devices such as mRendu and a DAC that doesn't normally plug into the AC mains. (But I could be wrong.)

Actually I think I am wrong! Too bad the delete button doesn't work indefinitely. Again, apologies--reading too many posts and getting things conflated! (Where's that embarrassed emoji?!?)

Geez, I doubt the JS-2 would offer two rails if they weren't damn good together on, say, a mRendu and a DAC. I use both. Alex C. or John S. care to clarify before rumors start flying?

• 2 weeks later...
Look what my VP Adrian dropped off today as a surprise. Seems he had a little project going on that I didn't know about:)

Hard adapter replacement custom made for Sonore in the USA.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28487[/ATTACH]

A tip/request. A number of posts have discussed the desirability of an adaptor that incorporates a 90 twist that turns the uR on its side. John S. has recommended such a vertical orientation for heat dissipation reasons. Maybe it could be offered "straight" or with "a twist". ;)

A tip/request. A number of posts have discussed the desirability of an adaptor that incorporates a 90 twist that turns the uR on its side. John S. has recommended such a vertical orientation for heat dissipation reasons. Maybe it could be offered "straight" or with "a twist". ;)

Bump. Please pass the idea on to the V.P. I won't ask for a cut [emoji41]

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using kazoo to control music via DNLA output on microrendu. I have also been on a trial with Roon, using RoonReady output and doing comparisons to decide if I want to pay for Roons great interface. At first I thought Roon had a slight edge. But with more time to compare I think I've come to the opposite conclusion. It is very close call on my system. I have not tried HQplayer and don't want to go there yet. In short, the DNLA output is no "set back" in my experience, and the controllers (kazoo or lumin) are not only nice, but also free.

Perhaps the specs cited on the website are incorrect and Alex C. Is mistaken, too. I don't mean to suggest that you must sort it out--and clearly you're satisfied with the answer from Jeff--only that doubt has been raised about 6 vs 6a, an issue present in a number of these sorts of posts. Were I to buy another 75 feet of cable, I'd try to sort it out, if possible. Regards,

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

Check out this review of the Sonore microRenduwith a Sonire Signature Power Supply from Vade Ferrester over at The Absolute Sound:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/sonore-microrendu-streaming-music-player-and-signature-series-linear-power-supply/

I may have missed it, but there was no mention of the 1.4 upgrade in the review.

Inquiring minds want to know what hardware you sent him, Jesus. ?

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rickca said:

Thanks for posting this, I had missed the 3/18 announcement of this capability!

A+ of course supports Qobuz streaming to the microRendu, but A+ isn't yet available on Windows ... plus it would be nice to use the GUI of the native Qobuz app.

Have you tried the old trick of going into SonicOrbiter Settings => MPD/DLNA Renderer and click on Save Changes?

I’ve been hoping and asking for this for ages!  Excellent news.  So my Qobuz OiS app cant see my uRendu, but I’ll play with it more. 

As ive said repeatedly, th Qobuz app is really, really nice.

Ok, so I suspect trying to make this work on my iPad Qobuz app is futile.  I suspect the feature is only available on their Mac desktop app right now.

When I try that, the app recognizes the mR and let's me select it, but there is no sound.

I have OpenHome with BubbleUPnP Server up and running (for my Lumin app; turned off) but that version of my Rendu-OH does not show up in the Qobuz desktop app . . . yet.

Which should I expect to pop up?  The direct rendu or the OH version?

thanks.

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Not sure we do not know what they are doing. When you select it and press play what does DAC Diagnostics show, if anything, for momentary frequency? Is it known to work with any other device? 

Not Sonore's fault, no worries.  I'm patient and trust Qobuz will work it out.  If there is anything I can do to move the process along, say so.

The feature is only available on the desktop app (Apple is what I use) in beta.  I imagine it will in not too distant future be part of the iPad app, which will be fantastic.

When I toggle between "Built-in Output" and my mR the player stops playing every time and resumes when I switch back to Built In.  Diagnostics show the DAC's status as Stop throughout.  Here is a picture of the Qobuz app feature.  Note that the OH version of rendu-009786 does not appear as an option.  Not sure what that means.  Could that be the issue since that is what, say, Lumin must employ?

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 1.05.07 PM.png