IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - SqueezeLite output mode

vortecjr

What is best is if people leave those fields alone:)

Default settings don't work in my case. I have excellent sound with MPD which uses 500ms buffer by default. But Squeezelite sounds simply bad with default buffer. And 480 ms buffer changes makes Squeezelite sound close to MPD. Same story is for RoonReady - it uses 100ms buffer that cannot be changed and sounds absolutely flat and thin, I cannot listen it. May be these issues are specific for my DAC, so I really need to have control over ALSA settings. And if you have a textbox for period count it should definitely work.

Could you please reveal what you have done in Sonicorbiter to achieve this? Is it something related to process priorities or kernel settings? I've struggled with bad RoonReady sound since I've bought Microrendu more than a month ago, so I'm really curious about latest changes.

Sorry...no can do.

Hi Jesus,

Ever since the last update to SonicOrbiter a few days ago (the one where two sections were updated) I am having problems. I use LMS (on a sonicTransporter) and Squeezelite (on a microRendu). I exclusively stream my Deezer Elite account (44.1/16 FLAC) using the IckStream platform plugin in LMS (I do not have local files). Ever since this update I am having problems with dropouts and rebuffering. I might get through one track without it happening but on the next it starts doing it. I am having this problem on both the microRendu running Squeezelite and on my Squeezebox Touch which is also on the network and in my bedroom system.

These problems started right after this update. Prior to that all was working well. Given that I am having the same problem on both the microRendu and the Touch, the issue is likely the update to sonicOrbiter for the sonicTransporter. I see from the above that some changes were made to the Squeezelite settings page but I have always left those alone.

Hope you cam find the issue.

Thanks

Hi Jesus,

Ever since the last update to SonicOrbiter a few days ago (the one where two sections were updated) I am having problems. I use LMS (on a sonicTransporter) and Squeezelite (on a microRendu). I exclusively stream my Deezer Elite account (44.1/16 FLAC) using the IckStream platform plugin in LMS (I do not have local files). Ever since this update I am having problems with dropouts and rebuffering. I might get through one track without it happening but on the next it starts doing it. I am having this problem on both the microRendu running Squeezelite and on my Squeezebox Touch which is also on the network and in my bedroom system.

These problems started right after this update. Prior to that all was working well. Given that I am having the same problem on both the microRendu and the Touch, the issue is likely the update to sonicOrbiter for the sonicTransporter. I see from the above that some changes were made to the Squeezelite settings page but I have always left those alone.

Hope you cam find the issue.

Thanks

I don't think so. We updated the GUI configuration to add a way to configure the two new options. These options were already part of SqueezeLite, but were not being used.

I don't think so. We updated the GUI configuration to add a way to configure the two new options. These options were already part of SqueezeLite, but were not being used.

Hi Jesus,

The timing of the problem was just a coincidence. It started working normally last night. It must have been an upstream problem. Either an ISP or upstream server issue. Thanks for your quick reply. I did not expect you to even see this until Friday.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Not playing today, I now have two Grouped microRendu players , both in LMS and the iPad app, microRendu is new, could this be the problem ? and how would I delete it ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31450[/ATTACH]

Switch to another output mode from the GUI, refresh the LMS page, and see if they both go away.

Switch to another output mode from the GUI, refresh the LMS page, and see if they both go away.

Switched to Roon refreshed LMS and are both there but no longer grouped. Play bar advances for 40 sec then back to start but never music, neither my NAS lib nor radio.

rogerdn

Switched to Roon refreshed LMS and are both there but no longer grouped. Play bar advances for 40 sec then back to start but never music, neither my NAS lib nor radio.

Sounds like you have a bug in the iPeng controller, but you will have to report that to them. I tried it here with LMS and the microRendu disappears from LMS (as it should) when I switch from SqueezeLite output to RoonReady output. You can access LMS via your iPad's browser...it's the <IP Address of LMS>:9000. You can also try the Logitech SqueezeLite Controller. When you get that working I would try a local radio station so you can see that the microRendu is functioning properly.

Sounds like you have a bug in the iPeng controller, but you will have to report that to them. I tried it here with LMS and the microRendu disappears from LMS (as it should) when I switch from SqueezeLite output to RoonReady output. You can access LMS via your iPad's browser...it's the <IP Address of LMS>:9000. You can also try the Logitech SqueezeLite Controller. When you get that working I would try a local radio station so you can see that the microRendu is functioning properly.

I had same thought so had deleted iPeng and was using LMS on my win PC and the app on iPad when I reported last, both were in sync doing as I reported. I had everything working several days ago before the Group appeared by selecting Rendu-00978d.

Why does the microRendu appear as a player ?

rogerdn

I had same thought so had deleted iPeng and was using LMS on my win PC and the app on iPad when I reported last, both were in sync doing as I reported. I had everything working several days ago before the Group appeared by selecting Rendu-00978d.

Why does the microRendu appear as a player ?

Because with that output mode it's a player.