IGNORED

Hysolid - New Free Software with DSD 256 Playback

bmoura

• 1 month later...

The player comes in two parts a "server" which is on a Windows 10 install and a control point on an Android phone. I tried the NW-ZX2 but wouldn't register properly, but on an Android smartphone was OK.

The player will play the native rate of the file, gapless, so no upsampling. I tried two albums, a redbook and a 96/24, played them both natively and to the correct sample rate. I did encounter some connection problems, tried to stop, but kept on playing music sort of thing.

Version 1.8 doesn't feature a volume control which may detract, pity cause it does everything else. I found the SQ very good, certainly better than Jriver. For a player out of the box and considering the price, why not give it a try.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

It seems it does not support DSP (VST) plugins, so no headphone crossfeed or binaural processing and no room correction is possible. No possibility to upsample, no chance to output PCM as DSD. Bitperfect playback is not my goal, considering how typical DAC chip is working.

What could be considered as advantage over Foobar2000 or for example AIMP Player? Simplicity of setup and use?

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

Always on the lookout for a player that has APIs that could be an HQP front-end. I mean, I like Roon, but expensive for some...and too bloated for me personally, often when I want simple access to a library I know intimately. My ultimate is JRemote to HQP!! :) I'd be more interested in your Foobar handoff but it requires foobar access, not Monkeymote, right?

I designed my SendToHQP solution for me and I am using single machine without remote control for headphone listening. So my solution is not designed to be controlled from iPhone/Android. It requires Foobar2000 running, selecting one or more tracks (or albums) in a Foobar2000 playlist and then pressing a button to send that selection to HQPlayer.

Miska didn't allow HQPlayer to receive direct PCM or DSD stream from any other player than Roon. If HQPlayer audio engine would be available as ASIO device (like the JRiver solution), then it would be possible to send audio content to HQPlayer from any ASIO capable player.

If one tries to design a frontend to HQPlayer, sending direct PCM or DSD data is the only effective way. Other solutions (including mine) are only workarounds with some disadvantages.

Excellent music library functionality is a prerequisite for any player to be considered as HQPlayer frontend, otherwise it IMO does not have much sense.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500