IGNORED

AURALiC Aries and LUMIN app questions...

Hi

I received my Auralic Aries about a week ago and downloaded the iPhone version of LDS app. I use an iPhone 4S which is not recommended for LDS and from what I gather a largish library like mine of about 2 Tb to begin with needs a lot of disk space on the iPhone where it will be run from.

From reading this thread, am I able to setup using the LDS app on my iPhone 4S and then use the Lumin app as a controller thereby circumventing the need to buy a new iPhone?

If so, what are the steps I need to take?

I have put off setting up my Aries because I was afraid of a crash owing to insufficient hardware and have read many complaints about irrevocable setup failures.

Thanks

• 3 months later...
I am trying to use the Lumin app in my setup (Synology NAS, ethernet to Oppo 105). I have minimserver installed. The lumin app keeps telling me 'no lumin selected' , which makes sense since I don't have a Lumin, but that won't allow me to go further and select as track for playback. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Am getting the same setup but the only different is Lumin app running on Iphone and Ipad, none of these find my Oppo 105D on the start though Linn Kinsky does. However, Linn Kinsky doesn't allow continuous play when Iphone/Ipad sleep. I have also tried with BubbleUpnp but this seems work for android devices not Os. Would appreciate your help on how to set it up and make my Lumin app control my Oppo. Thanks and Cheers,

Hi Phancuong

Did you confuse using the BubbleUPnP Server helper software (runs on computers & some NASs) with the BubbleUPnP Android app, in my reply to @pvanosta's question (post #22, http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/auralic-aries-and-lumin-app-questions-26902/#post505201)?

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox