IGNORED

Apple Music & Sonos

• 3 weeks later...
Apple Music now live on Sonos. Yesterday Sonos released updated software for both their players and iOS app which brings the Apple Music streaming service to their line of speakers and streaming players.

I think you have to join the Sonos Beta program to access Apple Music, but it is free and rather painless to do so. Apple Music sounds very good on Sonos.

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

I think you have to join the Sonos Beta program to access Apple Music, but it is free and rather painless to do so. Apple Music sounds very good on Sonos.

Yep. You need to join beta program which is free and as you describe, "painless" to do.

It's remarkable to have Apple do this and to have another company have access like this to their service is a big step forward for them. Sonos is one hell of an aggressive company!

David

Out of interest ... do you use the Sonos controller app for Apple Music or does it work like Spotify Connect in that you use the Apple Music app?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

The Sono's controller app.

Thanks

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Whats the experience like compared to using the standard apple music app?

I'm the only one in the house with an account, thinking it should be easy for the wife to use rather than trying to explain how to use airplay over to the ATV if she wants to play music or radio.

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

Whats the experience like compared to using the standard apple music app?

I'm the only one in the house with an account, thinking it should be easy for the wife to use rather than trying to explain how to use airplay over to the ATV if she wants to play music or radio.

Here's a few screenshots on an iPad.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

David

I've just installed my Connect, very impressed, works great with apple music.

Really impressed with the ease of set up, the wife understands it, just need to add a few remote speakers.

At this point pleased that I sold my Auralic Aries, the system seems a lot easier to use with the benefit of adding rooms.

The quality feeding into my Dac and main system is really good...

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

I've just installed my Connect, very impressed, works great with apple music.

Really impressed with the ease of set up, the wife understands it, just need to add a few remote speakers.

At this point pleased that I sold my Auralic Aries, the system seems a lot easier to use with the benefit of adding rooms.

The quality feeding into my Dac and main system is really good...

Agree on all points.

Ease of use, very good sound into a dac, superb integration with virtually any music streaming service makes Sonos a leader in streaming digital music today.

David