IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

Thank you it does. My limited experience of other equipment Other than the HA1 leaves so many options...

Cheers for your thoughts

Kind regards

Dave

That's good to hear Dave

Also...I just watched the video of that person turning it on and off and the popping noise and I can tell you this:

1. Definitely something wrong with that. That is very very loud.

2. When I was a young I got taught by more mature audiophiles that there's a way to turn equipment on and off....Turn on amp last, turn off amp first. In any system, I wouldn't be turning my source on and off while my preamp/amp is on. Risking damage to the speakers and headphones like that.

stedes

Headphone System:

Source: Aurender N100H

DAC/Amp: Mytek Brooklyn / Marantz HD-DAC-1

Headphones: Audeze LCD-2 2016 rev

Thank you John, have you used spdif with your Brooklyn? Was the moon audio cable expensive?

Sorry for the delay in responding. For 3ft, $180 – for a hifi cable not expensive, but depends on your budget. I haven't tried spdif, and I'm using the Brooklyn only with my headphone system. I have a Curious USB cable from a Luxman DAC on my main system, and perhaps one day when I have little better to do I'll swop them and see if I can tell any difference! All best, John

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines

Dear Dave – I didn't try that because I already had the Moon adaptor system which it wouldn't fit. The adaptor system means I can switch to my Pono on the move, and a Cypher Labs balanced etc.. I haven't yet seen any comments on the balanced adaptor being sold by Mytek. Best, John

Hi John, have you tried the balanced dual TRS cable. I was hoping it would be supplied....

I would have to have a 4P xlr...

Cheers

Dave

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines

Sorry; impossible to read, previous 54 pages...lol.

I've been using the Brooklyn, seamlessly (natch)...with my N100H. I also have an Auralic Aries Mini...that I've been running, analog-out, as a separate source.

While I love the Aurender...I've been thinking about letting it go, and "getting by"; with the AAM...as I could use the cache, for a pre-amp upgrade.

So...I've pulled the N100H, out of the loop; and started to run the AAM digital-out, through the Brooklyn. All is fine...except DSD, it appears. I assume, this is an ASIO driver issue?

Would a hard drive, in the AAM...likely resolve it; because if I made the switch...it's something I was going to do anyway.

Thanks,

(CD)Lehner "This whole world, is wild at heart...and weird on top" - Lula Pace Fortune

MAIN System- ALLO USBridge Signature> Denafrips ARES II> Audiolab 6000a> PMC Twenty-Five 21s

Oh...and while I'm posting:

The external PS option on the Brooklyn, just says '12v'. Looking at options, like TP; I see options for 12v 2 amp, and 4.5 amp.

Any thoughts, on best fit?

(CD)Lehner "This whole world, is wild at heart...and weird on top" - Lula Pace Fortune

MAIN System- ALLO USBridge Signature> Denafrips ARES II> Audiolab 6000a> PMC Twenty-Five 21s

The external PS option on the Brooklyn, just says '12v'. Looking at options, like TP; I see options for 12v 2 amp, and 4.5 amp.

In the Brooklyn's manual (p. 17) it says, "External power supply: 12V, 4 - 6 A."

It seems there are many choices that are within spec. My thinking is that if you're going to go for an external PS, go for a pretty good one; otherwise it's probably not worth it.

Some sources that have caught my eye include Qualia Physic, Teddy Pardo, Sbooster and Kenneth Lau. (These are just some examples that I found appealing.)

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

In the Brooklyn's manual (p. 17) it says, "External power supply: 12V, 4 - 6 A."

It seems there are many choices that are within spec. My thinking is that if you're going to go for an external PS, go for a pretty good one; otherwise it's probably not worth it.

Some sources that have caught my eye include Qualia Physic, Teddy Pardo, Sbooster and Kenneth Lau. (These are just some examples that I found appealing.)

--David

Ah, there it is; hiding on that last page! I swear I looked, lol.

m11_zpskwc3wbgj.png

Thanks Orgel.

Thanks John if I do get the Brooklyn ill have to order one or at least an XLR F to 6.5mm TRS for my phones to work...

SBOOSTER said they used the 12-13.2V 3A version on a unique test on consumption and it's great.

But as above it says 4-6A. Could that mean the Brooklyn could be underpowered or the PSU over heating?

A noob question but why not buy a higher rated Linear PSU above the spec(24v .8A )ect. Is there an obvious reason not too and get as near as possible.? 12V 4A..???

Cheers

Dave

--David

What about Paul Hynes?

He suggested me the PR3 custom made for 12v 5A with silver lead and wire. (cheaper than SR5 which i can't afford it,)

His spec is awesome.

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

12932837_1700967073514123_7525078827891555851_n.jpg

Thanks John if I do get the Brooklyn ill have to order one or at least an XLR F to 6.5mm TRS for my phones to work...

SBOOSTER said they used the 12-13.2V 3A version on a unique test on consumption and it's great.

But as above it says 4-6A. Could that mean the Brooklyn could be underpowered or the PSU over heating?

A noob question but why not buy a higher rated Linear PSU above the spec(24v .8A )ect. Is there an obvious reason not too and get as near as possible.? 12V 4A..???

Cheers

Dave

I read once about Sbooster 3A issue aswell but how can i be sure that it will work, not drop out or sbooster is overheat.

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

I read once about Sbooster 3A issue aswell but how can i be sure that it will work, not drop out or sbooster is overheat.

After reading the review of the Brooklyn powered by the SBbooster, a friend purchased one several months ago after auditioning it and has been thrilled with the improved sound quality. No issues of overheating or other.

After reading the review of the Brooklyn powered by the SBbooster, a friend purchased one several months ago after auditioning it and has been thrilled with the improved sound quality. No issues of overheating or other.

Wow... Interesting. ^^

Well as of this morning I'm now a member of Club Brooklyn.

Am using the aforementioned Sbooster 12v - 13.2v power supply.

Initial impressions are largely positive just streaming Tidal HIFI. I am finding it to be a bit bright in my system though. The sound is very crisp and even harsh at times. Might take me some getting used to to be honest. Got it for a good price on ebay with Tidal MQA in mind ( if and when that happens who knows! ) so I'm happy enough. No idea how much playtime the unit has had but the seller said not much so hopefully it will mellow out.

Happy enough.

Morph

Wow... Interesting. ^^

Mumsoft has been at my place for upgrading the firmware to 2.08.

Of course did we compare our Brooklyns. With my SBooster and his Brooklyn the sound was a little warmer, but interestingly without the SBooster I found his Brooklyn relaxing sounding and I felt relaxed as well, particularly after the tension of fiddling with cables in my audio rack. What has been done with his dac is not commercially available. My Brooklyn has also been tweaked but with WA-quantum chips on the chips and condensers. I prefer his Brooklyn without SBooster and mine with. What a strange world audio is...

Now I will hunt for his secretive tweak. Perhaps more about this in the future.

A lineair air power supply is not always bettering the Brooklyn.

Robert-Jan

Well as of this morning I'm now a member of Club Brooklyn.

Am using the aforementioned Sbooster 12v - 13.2v power supply.

Initial impressions are largely positive just streaming Tidal HIFI. I am finding it to be a bit bright in my system though. The sound is very crisp and even harsh at times. Might take me some getting used to to be honest. Got it for a good price on ebay with Tidal MQA in mind ( if and when that happens who knows! ) so I'm happy enough. No idea how much playtime the unit has had but the seller said not much so hopefully it will mellow out.

Happy enough.

Morph

Don't worry about the SQ just yet. If next week or so you stil find the sound harsh you can fiddle with cables and the like. Good luck and happy listening!

Robert-Jan

All I got a very prompt response from Sbooster just to clarify my and others questions.

He kindly allowed me to add this email to the forum for clarification.

A nice touch so i have no issues going forward in purchasing a 13.2V supply.

Thanks to our Dutch friends over in Holland for the information ref: Wiebren

Hello Dave

Thank you for your email and your interest in one of our upgrade products.

Our BOTW P&P ECO 12V – 13.2V matches perfect with the Mytek Brooklyn DAC. Our BOTW power supply is also used by one of the designer of the Brooklyn DAC, Michal Jurewicz. The advice of Michal is to run the power supply at 13.2V instead of 12V to achieved the maximum sound quality .

For your information, the power consumption of the Mytek Brooklyn DAC is only 10 – 12W. You can find a measurement and information about the power consumption here; https://www.sbooster.com/mytek-brooklyn-dac-power-test/

The BOTW P&P ECO/ Brooklyn is also reviewed by the German Hifistatement; http://www.hifistatement.net/tests/item/1712-mytek-brooklyn-mit-sbooster-botw-bryston-buc-1-und-audiobyte-hydra-z. The power consumption of the Mytek is also tested by the reviewer and confirmed at 10 – 12W.

Next month the Dutch audio magazine HVT is going to publish a very nice review about the Mytek Brooklyn and our BOTW P&P ECO 12V – 13.2V combination. We hope that with this review the ‘noise’ around the power supply specs and the BOTW compatibility will be completely vanished

The best option is to order the power supply directly at our UK reseller Mark Grant. Mark has not finished his webside yet, but you can find the matching BOTW P&P ECO 12V – 13.2V for your Booklyn DAC here; https://markgrant.co.uk/power-supplies/223-ami-muse-ami-musik-ddh-1-dac-12-volt-linear-power-supply-by-sbooster.html

We have published a lot of posts regarding the power consumption of the Brooklyn DAC on the computer audiophile forum. It is no problem off course that you will add your remarks also to the topic.

We hope that this information helps and if you need further information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Met vriendelijke groet/ Kind regards,

Sbooster

Wiebren Draaijer

You're welcome. Try also some classical and jazz to hear if that's harsh too, but try not the become obsessed about SQ. Enjoy.

Listening to some Dick Hyman just now and said harshness is far less to my ears. I've also uncoupled the lps and am using the internal..... very good indeed. I strongly suspect that this unit has not had much action and I will go for continuous play for a good few days to burn it in properly. May I ask.... does a new lps need burn in time as well? Maybe that was what was contributing to the harshness? Just a thought.

Morph