IGNORED

Iron Maiden on HD Tracks

I just downloaded the four new Maiden albums on HD Tracks: Killers, The Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind and Powerslave. I like what I'm hearing so far. Much better than the CD rips of the previous remasters they will replace. Curiously, the two Maiden albums that were offered previously on HDT (Brave New World and Dance of Death) have disappeared. Those were 24/44.1 unlike the new albums, which are 24/96. Maybe they will reappear as 24/96 as the rest of the catalogue is offered.

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

Wonder what the original recordings were done on.

Dickinson is a genius so hopefully...

And I hope they are not the re-"mastered for iTunes" ones being touted on various sites.

The dynamics are completely crushed in the 2015 remasters. The 24/96 have slightly worse DR numbers than the already abysmal numbers of the "Mastered for iTunes", but they probably are from the same remastering job.

dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=iron%20maiden

There's another CA thread about the 2015 remasters: Metalheads rejoice : Iron Maiden in remastered Hires April 2015

I still haven't had a chance to hear more than a minute of each album yet. But the samples I did listen too sounded so much less edgy and bright compared to the CD's I had. I ripped and got rid of them so I don't know what remasters they were. They were the CDs that formed a picture of Eddie when placed in reverse chronological order.

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

• 1 month later...

I just downloaded all of the 24/44.1 albums available (yes, huge IM fan) from Onkyo/7 Digital. I justened to several tracks from my original CDs and I the 24/44.1 sound a little better... but that is highly subjective, of course. If anybody is interested in me posting any DR or analysis on any of the tracks, let me know.

I just downloaded all of the 24/44.1 albums available (yes, huge IM fan) from Onkyo/7 Digital. I justened to several tracks from my original CDs and I the 24/44.1 sound a little better... but that is highly subjective, of course. If anybody is interested in me posting any DR or analysis on any of the tracks, let me know.

I would certainly be interested in seeing if your copies are any better then the ones I got from HD Tracks a month or so ago. In the link to the other thread posted by "GoldsDad" I posted up the DR results from the HD Tracks copies I received. I was nothing less than a total disgrace and the sound of those albums have risen to the top of the worst ones in my collection.

Compare those numbers to one of the old Redbook copies (also listed) and its clear the mastering dude was stone deaf. Probably attended too many Maiden concerts back in the day :)

All in all, I won't cry too hard about the two HD Tracks albums I bought since they were ones I didn't already own and the music itself is good despite the sound of it. I just pretend that I'm listening to it the same way I did back in the day on a clock radio/CD Player :)