IGNORED

Low Volume when streaming music

Hi - I have a a networked Marantz NR1604 AV receiver, and I stream music to it over a wired network connection from a windows 7 PC. I use Media Monkey to organize the music collection and act as a DLNA server.

The collection is a mixture of FLAC and MP3s.

Just recently I noticed that the volume I need to set on the Marantz to listen to the streamed music at my normal "happy place" listening level has crept up.

The Difference is now quite significant - 55-60 on the front panel used to be the point where my wife would start to complain now this is about where I can start to listen happily, I have to get up to 75 on the display before my wife starts to take notice now.

I have checked a couple of things

1. i have tried a different DLNA server ( serviio) and it didn't make a difference, the volume was still low

2. i tried listening to a CD played on a DVD player over HDMI. - this was played at a volume more like I was used to hearing.

One thing I have was trying recently was using the volume controller on a android DLNA APP (bubbleUPNP) to control the AV receiver volume. This seemed a bit flaky and I wonder if this has some how messed up the volume scale on the matrantz.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on here.

Thanks in advance

Cheers Tony

If the streamer supports digital volume control its possible that you have set the volume lower with a control app like Kinsky or Bubble UPNP. Just use it again and turn the volume back up

Uncheck the enable on volume control on Bubble UPNP settings. Exit and restart Bubble upnp. See if that brings back the normal volume you are used to.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham.