IGNORED

Music for testing Audio Equipment

• 1 month later...
I would also attribute some of what we hear to the rest of the system that I've been tweaking and building (most of it is in the sig but I have yet to add the DIY AC Filter box as well as a couple of other things I am working on in the sig).

Hi YashN

what does

it is in the sig
mean?

english is not my first language, thanks:)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
yes at least some things are getting better.

These albums have an incredible piano sound.

And the music is pure pleasure. Highly recommended.

Witmertrio200shadow.jpgSound Liaison Music Shop

Grieg-St-Saens-Harth-Bedoya-300x300.jpg

Vadym Kholodenko, Norwegian Radio Orchestra, Miguel Harth-Bedoya, Edvard Grieg, Camille Saint-Saens - Grieg & Saint-Saens: Piano Concertos - Amazon.com Music

Reviews Rad Bennett

Here is one that I am enjoying at the moment;

NGW_CD_cover.jpghttp://www.amazon.com/Widmung-Piano-Works-Franz-Liszt/dp/B0054QZ8FC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
yes at least some things are getting better.

These albums have an incredible piano sound.

And the music is pure pleasure. Highly recommended.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21056[/ATTACH]Sound Liaison Music Shop

Sound Liaison is a Netherlands based partnership two bass players, Frans de Rond and Peter Bjørnild. They’ve assembled some terrific artists who play great jazz and given them high definition sound. I raved about their initial recordings on the Sound Stage! Network, and have enjoyed watching their progress in listening to their appealing new albums.Their newest program is titled En Azul and features the Witmer Trio, Cajan Witmer – piano,

Han Slinger – double bass, and Maarten Kruijswijk – drums. The trio has been together for 20 years and all the players sound very comfortable in their skins. Their emphasis is on melody with ornamentation and variation that heightens a sense of melody rather than distracting from it. And they’ve picked some terrific tunes to work with – Carioca,TheGentle Rain, Moon River, Moonglow, Rhapsody in Blue,Recado, and St. Louis Blues, to mention a few. The playing is delightfully impeccable and the recorded sound nearly so. The trio sounds like it’s playing in a real space and is nicely spread between speakers with no exaggeration. The piano sound is perfect as is the sound of the many percussion instruments that are so imaginatively employed. The bass is solid; I could use just a tiny bit more focus on the attacks. Sound Liaison recordings are only available as high quality downloads. Many download formats are available including DSD and PCM 24bit/96kHz stereo. If you’re searching for real sounding intimate jazz, give the work of these folks a try. You’ll not be disappointed and it’s so good-natured, I’ll bet it will put a smile on your face.

Grieg-St-Saens-Harth-Bedoya-300x300.jpg

Vadym Kholodenko, Norwegian Radio Orchestra, Miguel Harth-Bedoya, Edvard Grieg, Camille Saint-Saens - Grieg & Saint-Saens: Piano Concertos - Amazon.com Music

A companion disc puts us back on more familiar ground as Ukrainian pianist Vadym Kholodenko, winner of the 2013 Van Cliburn competition, plays the Grieg Piano Concerto and the Saint-Saens Second Piano Concerto with Harth -Bedoya and the Radio Orchestra. There are already half a dozen good recordings of each composition in the catalog, but Kholodenko brings sensitive, controlled virtuoso playing to every passage and the smaller forces of the Norwegian Radio Orchestra achieve a transparency that other performances miss. I’d put Kholodenko neat the top of the list.

Reviews Rad Bennett

The worst sounding piano on a musically satisfying album got to be Duke Ellington with Ray Brown ''This one's for Blanton"

• 3 months later...
This brand new release has got what I am talking about in spades,

excellent placement with every instrument clearly positioned on the soundstage, marvelous SQ, natural but also very engaging,

and music of beauty but with a few fresh twists and turns.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29678[/ATTACH] Sound Liaison Music Shop

It is on special offer too!

It is a superb album. Startas' fresh approach blending all kinds of influences to such gorgeous whole, is a very welcome audition to the world of music.

Track three is audiophile heaven. If that does not sound good on your system, you better start tuning!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26-3-2017 at 9:19 PM, blue2 said:

Did you listen to the album on Qobuz via the link I provided? I don't think that sounds extremely compressed. I have a CD rip and it sounds excellent to me.

It is better indeed. Still I hear it as a bit too compressed for my taste but I do like their way of playing. It is very refreshing so I will purchase the download.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-4-30 at 0:54 AM, PAP said:

Dear Sphinxsix. I get your point now. Thank you for your very well formulated and well argued explanation.

At a friends house I recently heard the Grado 2000e and it was sounding very pleasing on recordings that I normally found to be unlistenable without a bit of tweaking an eq.

Your argumentation has convinced me, that I think that will be my next investment.:D Thanks.

I have a good collection of old Jazz and blues albums.

The Jazz albums are mostly sounding very good on my HD800 and my Harbeth speakers but some of the older blues stuff is indeed a bit pircing in the treble. Often they have been poorly remastered.

If they all had been recorded like this brand new DXD purchase I am listening to now, life would be a lot easier.

Carmen Gomes Blues.pnghere is the link; http://www.soundliaison.com/

Dead Can Dance is not really my type of music but I did attend a concert with them once and was very impressed by their show. They can play!

9af006c4342ac8192c8ee51ae64372ed.jpg

The Carmen Gomes Blues album is superb. The SQ is amazing. It sounds marvelous on my HD800s.

On 2017-5-6 at 10:15 PM, Milan said:

Carmen Gomes sings the Blues is a perfect combination of what sounds to me as old fashioned recording technique paired with modern recording equipment.

Like all the Sound Liaison albums it uses real placement in the stereo field but this one reminds me more than the previous albums of a recording from the golden age. I mean recordings from 1958 to 1962 more or less. Back in the day when they would record three tracks to a 2 inch tape. This seems to be recorded in 352khz and somehow this extreme high resolution sounds warmer, maybe more analogue than other digital recordings I have heard.

On the site there is a blog which says that: 

source: Sound Liaison DXD

If the coming albums all have this kind of quality there really is something to look forward to.

CSTB300shadowv2.png

Check the photo from the session.  

It is a very simple setup. A few microphones and a very simple sound screen between the drum set and the upright;

CarmenSTB4.png

Here is an old photo from the Kind of Blue session.

Very simple no screens;

hqdefault.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-6 at 10:15 PM, Milan said:

Carmen Gomes sings the Blues is a perfect combination of what sounds to me as old fashioned recording technique paired with modern recording equipment.

Like all the Sound Liaison albums it uses real placement in the stereo field but this one reminds me more than the previous albums of a recording from the golden age. I mean recordings from 1958 to 1962 more or less. Back in the day when they would record three tracks to a 2 inch tape. This seems to be recorded in 352khz and somehow this extreme high resolution sounds warmer, maybe more analogue than other digital recordings I have heard.

On the site there is a blog which says that: 

source: Sound Liaison DXD

If the coming albums all have this kind of quality there really is something to look forward to.

CSTB300shadowv2.png

Only a few days left of the very cheap introduction offer;

First we would like to express our most sincere gratitude and appreciation for the very positive response we received after the release of Carmen Gomes Sings The Blues.
This album is our first DXD recording!
The album was used by Schnerzinger, Nagra and Zellaton at the Munich High End Show 2017 to demonstrate their new products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efPBdM-5Spc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfxW-WlOvBQ

But all good things comes to an end, the saying goes, there is only 1 week left of the special introduction offer of this beautiful album.

source;http://www.soundliaison.com/

On 2017-5-31 at 11:02 PM, elcorso said:

Please ask them.  At page bottom, "Contact us".

Roch

I ordered the CD version of this one for 16.50 

I find 40$ for 176 download a bit too much. That is 2x more than the Sound Liaison download in the same sample rate.-%20M062A-HR%20_La%20Segunda_%20Sera%20u

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...