IGNORED

>150 highres albums discounted at Qobuz

I just purchased these two 24/44 albums at €11.99 each, as I really like Philippe Herreweghe:

Johannes Brahms :

I actually heard Herreweghe live performing these works, so I had to have this anyhow.

The next one is more experimental, but I figured I could use some more Dvorak:

Antonin Dvorák : Stabat Mater Op. 58 | Antonin Dvorak par Philippe Herreweghe – Télécharger et écouter l'album

Downloading now. Will report back when I had more time to listen to them.

I just purchased these two 24/44 albums at €11.99 each, as I really like Philippe Herreweghe:

Johannes Brahms :

I actually heard Herreweghe live performing these works, so I had to have this anyhow.

Antonin Dvorák : Stabat Mater Op. 58 | Antonin Dvorak par Philippe Herreweghe*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

Oh yes, Brahms is very good. Generally, Phi records are very well done, stunning dynamics. So let us know what do you find good from this label. Maybe one thing, that I am not sure if 24bit brings any improvement, since it seems based on the graphs that is was recorded by not high resolution mics.

04 - Begrabnisgesang, Op. 13.flac_report.png

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Oh yes, Brahms is very good. Generally, Phi records are very well done, stunning dynamics. So let us know what do you find good from this label. Maybe one thing, that I am not sure if 24bit brings any improvement, since it seems based on the graphs that is was recorded by not high resolution mics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17612[/ATTACH]

Shouldn't 24bit impact more dynamic resolution, not frequency? In any case, at less than €12 with well recorded material I'm happy to pay some premium.

Shouldn't 24bit impact more dynamic resolution, not frequency? In any case, at less than €12 with well recorded material I'm happy to pay some premium.

Yes, but look at the bit monitor below. Around 20-22 bits effectively used. If it's audible, that's I guess depends on many factors ;-)

Screen Shot 2015-03-24 at 09.57.32.png

--

Krzysztof Maj

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Yes, but look at the bit monitor below. Around 20-22 bits effectively used. If it's audible, that's I guess depends on many factors ;-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17613[/ATTACH]

I haven't purchased MusicScope yet, do you have any 24 bit recordings that actually use all 24 bits?

I haven't purchased MusicScope yet, do you have any 24 bit recordings that actually use all 24 bits?

I think electronic music, but latest Vijay Iyer album is pretty close 23-bits.

Screen Shot 2015-03-24 at 12.10.52.png

--

Krzysztof Maj

Got to admit, Musicscope looks like a cool piece of software. May end up buying it.

Yep, I was also reluctant, but finally pulled the trigger. Very usefull, but need some better manual and explanation about LRA/Crest and stereo imaging.

--

Krzysztof Maj

Johannes Brahms :

Antonin Dvorák : Stabat Mater Op. 58 | Antonin Dvorak par Philippe Herreweghe*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

By now I listened to both and can strongly recommend them.