IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

• 2 months later...

Reading through the really puts a smile on my face to say the least. I've owned two N100H's and recently upgraded to an N10 and can't be more pleased. All of the talk about clocks, Roon, Optical cables and such really is disappointing... just listen to your music and enjoy the moment; that's the point.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey all- first this isn’t a battle royal conversation to determine who’s mightiest  in the land; just a simple question- why does Roon sound better than my N10?

roon: MacBook Pro (Nas wirelessly containing flac files> ayre qx5 twenty> audio research la28> ayre amp> Vandersteen quatro’s

aurender: n10> AES balanced cable> sure qx5 twenty and the rest is the same. 

all cables are audioquest diamond

so same music, the Roon has more punch and a greater range, same soundstage

aurender seems smoother but duller. 

thoughts?

ken

• 4 weeks later...

@kilroy- I have a NAS which is where I store my primary library; I'd like the ability to delete when my moods change such as, I've over listened xxx and want to reload the Aurender drives with YYY. It wuld be for those reasons. Incidentally, I have three different sources for backups so the Aurender is for "today's mood" and not long-lasting fiiles if that makes sense

I’ve migrated from a N100 to N10 and found it to be similar in SQ but with a better quality; more exactness and quieter if you know what I mean. I replaced the 2.5” drives with 5TB drives and wished that the worked a one big drive instead of two separate drives. A real PITA if you ask me. Also I went to balanced cables which added smoothness and a more relaxed sound. Look forward to you opinions. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New question (or software request). Is there a way to schedule the music to stop playing after xxxx minutes? If so, how do you engage it? If not, it would be a nice feature. Usually I listen to music prior to sleep so if it stopped playing after an hour, it won’t continue playing and playing and playing….  Thanks!

• 1 month later...