IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, Bryan_14 said:

Hi 

I play most of my music from my NAS , after the update i lost the ability to see music in folders that may have 25 or more cd titles..ipad just says no results..so..

Is there a limit on how many cds or files can be in one folder

I can see them fine on my MAC when i log onto my nas so i know that they are there

This works for me just fine.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

50 minutes ago, Bryan_14 said:

Hi 

I play most of my music from my NAS , after the update i lost the ability to see music in folders that may have 25 or more cd titles..ipad just says no results..so..

Is there a limit on how many cds or files can be in one folder

I can see them fine on my MAC when i log onto my nas so i know that they are there

I recall, from somewhere, there was a suggested limit of folders in the main directory ... 10 I think. I never really paid much attention to the sub folders. I have a couple/few with over 100 folders and have not had trouble around that end of things. Mostly trouble the app's features and function like search, repeated need to reboot the app to restore proper function, and loss of album artwork.

Just one short addition from my side: Displaying albums with the wrong bit depth and sampling frequencies  applies only to the first track of an album. From the second track on, it is displayd correctly.

Meanwhile, both of my iPAD connect automatically to the main unit. No idea, why this caused problems before.

Regards

Ingo

19 hours ago, jmhbpc said:

Hello, 

I may have a slightly older version of the app

I have never seen Consume On feature as a default, I have never used it, and by default it's always in Off mode.

Q: So far, by default, for me playlists play once, and I have not seen an option to repeat play, what app version are you working with?

I basically stopped updating because not one iteration ever addressed the slew of buggy behaviors from day one of installing this app many years ago.

here are a few at the top of my head

• after uploading files, it is necessary to start/quit the app 4 to 5 times before the app will "download" ie update the library content i.e. show the new content/albums

• disappearing artwork requiring numerous metadata edits on the files

• searching of keys like artist, album, song whatever requires quitting the app each time so that a new search will engage... i.e.

so many times searching for known content simply renders a blank page in the app until rebooting the app

On the hardware/server side uploads excruciatingly slow I have always felt aurender was not quite ready for the Mac platform

no experience with Windows 

#my2cents

Look at the top left corner of the screen. There are two arrows (one above the other) that form a semi-circle they are adjacent to the |< || >| icons. The manual calls this section "Playback Controls". I am in a hurry so I didn't look deeper.

This feature has been available since the early Aurender models (this is my third Aurender).

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Hi

Thanks but its not a repeat or consume thing.  I play my stored music off a 214 play and if i try to open a "file" with more than about 40 cds in it the ipad shows something like ..no content..

I can use my MAC to make 2 new files and split the original in half and both are available to play

Must be a bug with V4...because this is a new problem..it has worked since about 2014

Thanks again

Bryan

Aurender America, did you see the question I had posted (copy below)  Any idea?

How do I tell if I have V4?  The Conductor icon on my android tablet is unchanged (no "4" in it).  I opened Conductor & went into Settings/Software Update.  That screen says "Current Version 1.21.995, Latest Version 1.21.995, Latest version already installed"  So do I have V4?  If so, should I see V4 somewhere in the app?  

Also with V4, will Aurender release an updated / revised manual?  The old manual seems to just be for Apple devices, since iIt doesn't match what I see on my Android phone & tablet.   If you do update the manual, could you please add a table showing all the icons in Conductor with brief explanations of what each does?  I'm currently stuck in Shuffle mode, trying to figure out which icon controls that so I can turn it off and listen to album songs in order.

THX 

Does anyone use a UPS for their Aurender?  My N200 doesn't  restart correctly after a power outage and always requires me to jump through a lot of hoops to get it going again.  Today even after pulling the internal SSD and rebooting it still wouldn't work.   I ended up doing a factory restore which  somehow erased the contents of my internal add on SSD drive requiring me to reload all my files.     I just don't understand why the Aurender can't just shut itself down correctly when a power failure happens.    I thought that was what was supposed to happen with the super capacitor it uses?  So anyhow,  apparently with the power conditions at my home the Aurender isn't going to work for me without a UPS.   Any suggestions on a UPS that won't degrade sound quality?

On 9/10/2023 at 10:02 AM, Pesto said:

Aurender America, did you see the question I had posted (copy below)  Any idea?

How do I tell if I have V4?  The Conductor icon on my android tablet is unchanged (no "4" in it).  I opened Conductor & went into Settings/Software Update.  That screen says "Current Version 1.21.995, Latest Version 1.21.995, Latest version already installed"  So do I have V4?  If so, should I see V4 somewhere in the app?  

Also with V4, will Aurender release an updated / revised manual?  The old manual seems to just be for Apple devices, since iIt doesn't match what I see on my Android phone & tablet.   If you do update the manual, could you please add a table showing all the icons in Conductor with brief explanations of what each does?  I'm currently stuck in Shuffle mode, trying to figure out which icon controls that so I can turn it off and listen to album songs in order.

THX 

Yes, I want to know too because I didn't do it and it certainly isn't apparent.

15 hours ago, Powerman said:

Oh... Well when I look at the app in setting for my android phone, it list version 4.10 which is latest version in play store.

Thanks for sharing this Powerman!  Aurender never responded to my post, and I had no idea I needed to look in Android's app settings for Conductor, instead of in Conductor's system info screen. 

Android shows I have Version 4,  Don't know why in Conductor's system information screen it says I have version 1.21.995. Maybe Aurender forgot to update that. 

I'd still like to know w=if/when an updated manual will be released.

@Pesto 1.21.995 would be your Aurender system software version, not the Conductor APP version. 

I try to monitor this and other forums but if you have a question and want to be sure you'll get an answer, please hit our dedicated support channel at [email protected].

The same goes for tech support questions, feature requests, bug reports: please report any and all concerns via email to [email protected]. THANK YOU! :)

21 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

My “version” screen says: Aurender App. Version : 3.28(2). The app store will not let me download 4.1.  It gives me a screen with a finger print image, but when I touch it, nothing happens. Any suggestions?

@Ponzi it sounds like the app store is just asking for your touch ID fingerprint on the home button to verify that you are, indeed, THE Ponzi and not fake-Ponzi. Or, something else? Send a screenshot?

If/when you upgrade to an iOS device that has no home button, you can look forward to using your face instead of your finger to identify yourself. What a time to be alive.