IGNORED

Aurender now supports Tidal/ Wimp & NAS

Software v 5.3.64 (in conjunction with the Conductor App update) now supports "integrated" streaming from Tidal/ Wimp and NAS too.

These are new functions; I don't as yet use either with my X100L.

Please use this thread to leave your comments & experiences for the benefit of others.

Grimm Mu-1 > Mola Mola Makua/DAC > Luxman m900u > Vivid Audio Kaya 90

Could only update Aurender app yet, firmware update for my Aurender seems still not available. Successfully logged in to Wimp and even regional content with a dedicated genre of German artists is listed. But no playback of wimp possible, firmware update might be mandatory. Login credentials of wimp are not saved. Eagerly waiting for the firmware.

Have you been able to update the firmware ?

Software v 5.3.64 (in conjunction with the Conductor App update) now supports "integrated" streaming from Tidal/ Wimp and NAS too.

These are new functions; I don't as yet use either with my X100L.

Please use this thread to leave your comments & experiences for the benefit of others.

Sweet, thanks for the notice. My S-10 is currently Software version 4.1.65, so I've got some catching up to do. My App version is 1.8.28.1

On a related topic, does anyone know if there is an Aurender user / enthusiast forum (similiar to Devialet Chat)? I think these types of forums are terrific for sharing set up, trouble shooting and optimization information.

Thx

Kenreau

Synology NAS> Aurender W20> AQ Wel AES/XLR> Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wire> Vandersteen 5As.

Updated everything, and pretty pictures appear for Tidal recommendations etc., and search tested successfully with a few albums. Slight problem – won't play anything for more than a few seconds before dropping out, restarting a few seconds later etc.. Am in Chicago, have fastest cable internet available here, it's early morning when traffic isn't high, seems Tidal is useless and I shall have to cancel the trial. What a disappointment. And the switch to the new HD images has wiped all the metadata from my DSD albums. Need to update my signature – have Aurender X100L.

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines

Strangely it has suddenly cheered up and is now playing quite lengthy pieces of classical music without a hitch. Fingers crossed...

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines

But... with the firmware update half of my painstakingly added artwork has disappeared and the idea of redoing more than a thousand albums is completely discouraging.

But... with the firmware update half of my painstakingly added artwork has disappeared and the idea of redoing more than a thousand albums is completely discouraging.

I've not had this problem John. Would be interesting to understand which have disappeared and which haven't, and I would guess there's a solution that doesn't involve reembedding all your art.

I have "Use HD Cover" selected, and I embed all my art in the file itself and do not put any jpg files on the Aurender.

which file format (AIFF, ALAC etc) do you use ?

Grimm Mu-1 > Mola Mola Makua/DAC > Luxman m900u > Vivid Audio Kaya 90

Did you restart the app? Also try rescanning the database.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

About 50 of 750 albums on my Aurender where affected by missing album art after the update. Problem was caused by incorrect naming convention of album art cover file, should be folder.jpg or cover.jpg.

Created a batch file to rename all jpg files .... problem solved.

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions - I'll report back when I've had time to follow through.

John

Full rescan worked – thank you!

• 1 month later...

I am running what I beleive is the most current update on my X100 (ver. 5.8.83). When I switch to Tidal it does not save my password and I have to enter it every session. The Aurender app saves a password, it is just not correct. I tried to reset, etc.

Anyone have a explanation or suggestion to fix.

Thanks in advance.