IGNORED

Simple or Complex Systems... My Simple! stereo set up has 7 on switches :-O

I like to keep things simple generally, but slowly over the years my set up has ended up with 7 on switches just to get some stereo music!!

7 power supplies (not including the network switch)

What has happened to simple?

Have I gone mad :-)

I like the sound of it, but has any one else got so many on switches just to listen to music?

(In comparison, my wife is happy to press the single on button for the tv to listen to the radio)

I like to keep things simple generally, but slowly over the years my set up has ended up with 7 on switches just to get some stereo music!!

7 power supplies (not including the network switch)

What has happened to simple?

Have I gone mad :-)

I like the sound of it, but has any one else got so many on switches just to listen to music?

Do you complain about the number of gears your car has to shift through just to drive the bloody thing? Unless you've got tubes, leave the damn switches on and just enjoy the music. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

This is my solution:

4-Socket SurgeMaster®

Comes with power switch, surge protection and 30 dB EMI/RFI filter. :)

These are similar products, with better specs:

8-Socket SurgeMaster® Maximum Series, with Telephone Protection

Product Overview for APC Audio-Video SurgeArrest 8 Outlets with Phone and Coax, 230V Germany | APC

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Okay cool 7 is not too bad then,

Plan is to have each one wired directly to its own rcbo in the fuse box, then it will be a flick flick flick action from left to right to turn them all on in order, and then right to left to turn them all off in order. Not unplug dvd players, playstations, etc and plug in the XO and pc etc.

cheers

Hahaha! I like simple. My DAC has no "on" switch, it is always on (but it does have a single switch to turn the OSF off/on, and a single rotary knob for volume control). My amp has a single switch for standby, it is also always on when plugged in. My Server has a single on switch.

So, one switch for me to listen (turn on server). Everything else is always on, yeah, there is a router involved, but it is always on, and the iPad for control... still, pretty simple all things considered.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

I have spent a little bit of time trying to simply, streamline and speed up switch on whilst minimising electricity usage when the system is not in use, at present....

One switch activated by a B&O remote control, turns on my Sugden & Avondale Power Amps, takes the Arcam pre amp from standby to on and switches on my Panasonic TV screen as display for my mac mini.

Mac Mini/Hard drives/Router, active XO & DAC are currently always on.

Most of the management of this is done by a piece of kit from Lintronic that converts B&O remote signals into just about any action

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers

I use a power conditioner that allows programmable plugs so I can power on all my line level gear, in proper sequence, with a single switch. I also use the 12v triggers in the power conditioner to kick over custom relays I made for the amplifiers (a total of four). The power conditioner is a PS Audio P5 Power Plant and everything powers up and down on a single switch.

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800