IGNORED

What are the new asynch USB converter contenders for 2014?

I could not install the enclosed XMOS Audio Stereo Driver v2.23.0 to my computer, my computer keep showing the following message:

"Setup requires that the device is plugged in. Please connect the device you want to install and make sure it is turned on. If your device is currently connected, please unplug and replug it."

Please advise. Regards,

semaj

I guess you are aware that the DAC must be plugged into the computer via USB before starting the driver install... I suggest to try another USB port.. plug the DAC into another USB port (directly into the computer, no hubs for now..) and try the driver install again..

I do not have that same DAC, but had 2 others that installed the same way.. good luck..

Any recommendations for a reasonable spdif cable?

If you are in the UK google Mark Grant Cables and take it from there. Good quality stuff and excellent service.

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

I guess you are aware that the DAC must be plugged into the computer via USB before starting the driver install... I suggest to try another USB port.. plug the DAC into another USB port (directly into the computer, no hubs for now..) and try the driver install again..

I do not have that same DAC, but had 2 others that installed the same way.. good luck..

Hello Motberg,

First of all I must admit I'm not familiar with computer. I got the following phenomenon after I installed 'XMOS Audio Stereo Driver V2.23.0':

1. I could not control the sound volume via the Window (i.e. Bottom right-hand corner icon.) anymore.

2. I could only play music via 'VLC Media Player', but I can not not play music via 'Foobar 2000'.

3. When I play 24/96 file, but the display on the U12 keep showing 44.1.

Please advise. Regards,

semaj

I could not install the enclosed XMOS Audio Stereo Driver v2.23.0 to my computer, my computer keep showing the following message:

"Setup requires that the device is plugged in. Please connect the device you want to install and make sure it is turned on. If your device is currently connected, please unplug and replug it."

Please advise. Regards,

semaj

I don't use the XMOS drivers but my experience with ASIO drivers is that the device must be connected, and recognized by the computer, before the driver will install itself. Can you see the hardware device in Device Manager (should be seen in the USB devices tree)?

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

Hi semaj, you have some good questions that I am sure the folks here can help you with. I do not use Foobar, but you are probably heading in the right direction setting up your computer using Foobar as the player.

In the meantime, you can look through this thread over at the head-fi forums - lots of great info there that will help you get the most of your new equipment..

Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip

I don't use the XMOS drivers but my experience with ASIO drivers is that the device must be connected, and recognized by the computer, before the driver will install itself. Can you see the hardware device in Device Manager (should be seen in the USB devices tree)?

Hello Jabs1542,

I have managed to install the enclosed 'XMOS Audio Stereo Driver v2.23.0' to my computer. However, I can not play music via foobar 2000.,I can not play YouTube, and other internet programmes.

And also, even I play 24/96 via VLC media player, the U12 display keep showing 44.1.

Please advise. Regards,

Hi semaj, you have some good questions that I am sure the folks here can help you with. I do not use Foobar, but you are probably heading in the right direction setting up your computer using Foobar as the player.

In the meantime, you can look through this thread over at the head-fi forums - lots of great info there that will help you get the most of your new equipment..

Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip

Hello Motberg,

Thanks for your great help today, and it is very kind of you.

With kind regards,

semaj

Hello Motberg,

First of all I must admit I'm not familiar with computer. I got the following phenomenon after I installed 'XMOS Audio Stereo Driver V2.23.0':

1. I could not control the sound volume via the Window (i.e. Bottom right-hand corner icon.) anymore.

2. I could only play music via 'VLC Media Player', but I can not not play music via 'Foobar 2000'.

3. When I play 24/96 file, but the display on the U12 keep showing 44.1.

Please advise. Regards,

semaj

ReadTheManual & some PC101 and WindowsSound101 texts. That's pretty much all one can tell without exp with that particular device. And if you wanna get into PC audio, all that is goin to be very helpful long term.

You'll prolly disagree but that's what you must do *first* if you want a happy relationship with computer audio.

Short term & fast solution: get a bottle of good whisky and invite a friend with PC experience to help & explain all ;)

Hello,

It was all my own fault. Anyway, I've overcome all these problems. I shall let the U12 a burn-in for 50 hours, and inform you the sound quality and other progress.

And, I must take this opportunity to say thank you to motberg and Jabs1542. Many thanks.

With kind regards,

Did a bit of research on this usb-spdif subject

http://funwithaudio.blogspot.com/2013/01/usb-spdif-wars-audiophileo-vs-yellowtec.html

http://2channelaudio.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/yellowtec-puc2-lite-usb-to-aesspdif.html

Guess what...so called audiophiles know nada as usual and the pro market had better & cheaper devices since forever..oh well, 2009. Almost every single one of my researches ends up like this: the equivalent pro market device is simply better and cheaper. When will I learn...

However, that PUC2 thing costs about $500, the Gustard is still the ROI champ

Hello,

It was all my own fault. Anyway, I've overcome all these problems. I shall let the U12 a burn-in for 50 hours, and inform you the sound quality and other progress.

And, I must take this opportunity to say thank you to motberg and Jabs1542. Many thanks.

With kind regards,

What exactly did you discover you were doing wrong ("It was my own fault.")?

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

What exactly did you discover you were doing wrong ("It was my own fault.")?

First of all, one of the USB cable was not suitable for connecting to U12. Secondly, I didn't assign the setting of the Window properly.

I used to connect my computer to 'Cullen stage IV PSA III' via a toshlink cable. After installing the U12 in a proper manner, The initial acoustic effect is obvious. And, I shall inform you about the progress after the burn-in.

I'm a Mac user and I'm trying to find the Mac driver for the U12. I've been to the U12 web site (XMOS-Stereo-USB-Audio-Class2-Driver-3033(v2.23.0).rar_??????|??? ??-?????) it is of course in Chinese. I see a PC driver but none for the Mac. Any one out there can email me what I need or point me in the right direction?

Pixelphoto, I don't believe a driver's required on osx, it should be supported by the os?

Roon lifetime > Mac Mini > ethernet > microRendu (RAAT) w/ Paul Hynes SR3 > Intona > Curious USB link > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact 8.

I must admit computing is never my favourite subject, so I've decided Foobar2000 playback all my 24/96 and 24/192 files. And let Audiogate v3.0.3 handles all my DSF files. Any objection??

Well, if you wanna use a PC there's no way around learning at least some PC101 notions. That firstpost I linked is a must-have if you wanna be sure that your musicbits reach the Usb device unaltered. Sorry you just have to do the time :)

Never used Audiogate and not much into DSD so no other 'objections' from me :)

P.S.

guess you prolly missed my private CA mail. Would you mind sharing the taobao link where you bought your Gustard?

Well, if you wanna use a PC there's no way around learning at least some PC101 notions. That firstpost I linked is a must-have if you wanna be sure that your musicbits reach the Usb device unaltered. Sorry you just have to do the time :)

Never used Audiogate and not much into DSD so no other 'objections' from me :)

P.S.

guess you prolly missed my private CA mail. Would you mind sharing the taobao link where you bought your Gustard?

As requested, please find herewith the taobao link for your reference as follows:

¸èÊ«µÂ U12 XMOS USBÊý×Ö½çÃæ 0.1PPM¾§Õñ ¶ÀÁ¢µçÔ´ Ö§³Ö384K DSD-ÌÔ±¦Íø

Regards,