IGNORED

Dirac and a Change of Amplifier.

Liam

If following measurement the amplifier is changed for a different one, as in my case, does the measurement need to be done again? For example if the frequency response, or level of output at different frequencies across the board might be different with the change of amp, would this affect the readings, or is it only the room or speaker/placement that matters?

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

The beauty of re-measuring is you can determine whether the new amplifier differs in this regard from the old one.
only if you can position the microphone in each and every run identically. I'd guess that such variation, even with extraordinary care, would swamp any differences among decent amps.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Thanks everybody for your advices. The consensus is that I should re measure, and that is what I will do. I reckoned I wouldn't be happy until I did it again unless the consensus was totally in the opposite.

I will wait a while as there is only 50 hours on the amp and AMR say upto 300-500 hours for it to settle fully, and I am playing with coupling and/or isolation of the entire system also as things progress.

All that said the existing filter seems to be doing its job following the amplifier switch, but who knows there might be some differences, even if subtle, when done again.

Like Kal said maybe any such differences might be down to relatively small changes in mic positions between the two measurements. In any event I will post the results when done, which might be of interest.

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.