IGNORED

"Hi Res"? I think not!

HD Tracks is selling non hi res tracks now?

HDTracks started out selling 16/44.1kHz FLAC files, about a year later they added high resolution. I believe HDTracks still has more 16/44.1kHz files than higher resolution, they just don't get much attention on CA. Their 16/44.1kHz music files usually cost $11.98.

Could the $18.98 price of "X" at 16/44.1kHz be because it is a deluxe edition, which are usually priced higher? The playing time is 1:05:56 which is long for a pop album which usually play for 30 to 50 minutes.

You could send HDTracks an email to asked why this isn't priced at $11.98?

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

Hardly "HD." Regardless, even the "deluxe" editions of CDs rarely cost that much.

HDTracks started out selling 16/44.1kHz FLAC files, about a year later they added high resolution. I believe HDTracks still has more 16/44.1kHz files than higher resolution, they just don't get much attention on CA. Their 16/44.1kHz music files usually cost $11.98.

Could the $18.98 price of "X" at 16/44.1kHz be because it is a deluxe edition, which are usually priced higher? The playing time is 1:05:56 which is long for a pop album which usually play for 30 to 50 minutes.

You could send HDTracks an email to asked why this isn't priced at $11.98?

If you know the history of HDT, the "HD" is in reference/comparison to lossless files (mp3) which was their original selling point. Note it is not called "HiResTracks", but "HDT". They are hardly the only site touting Redbook downloads as something special. If you put that in context of iTunes, it almost makes sense.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

My first awareness of HDTracks was in the context of "high resolution" files. Given that bit of history, yes, it almost makes sense, lol!

If you know the history of HDT, the "HD" is in reference/comparison to lossless files (mp3) which was their original selling point. Note it is not called "HiResTracks", but "HDT". They are hardly the only site touting Redbook downloads as something special. If you put that in context of iTunes, it almost makes sense.

I don't have a problem with HDTracks selling CD quality downloads if that is the only version available. I wish Amazon or Apple would do the same so I can stop buying physical products.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

I had noticed that all the MaxJazz offerings and most of the ECM albums are 44.1/16.

Miles Davis' Prestige recordings are also 44/16.

Where I feel they fall short is that they are often just rips of the original CDs which are often compressed. A true High Definition transfer is not just about the numbers, but the manual attention to detail and integrity to the master tapes. imho

• 4 weeks later...