IGNORED

Peachtree Audio

What do you guys think of them? Are they any good. I'm thinking about buying a Nova220se and a pair of Kef LS50's to add to my computer room. Is this a good combo? I don't do headphones or really ever plan on using them btw, Just the speakers. I already have a synology 1513+ with lot's of hires flac that I want to listen to properly. Does this seem like a good system to get me started? Thanks.

The 220se is something that would be a nice upgrade from my Peachtree Nova in my (large) living room to drive my fairly inefficient speakers.

I think you would be very happy with that, but it might be overkill in a computer room.

In general they are a great company that makes excellent products and they have superb customer service.

The 220se is something that would be a nice upgrade from my Peachtree Nova in my (large) living room to drive my fairly inefficient speakers.

I think you would be very happy with that, but it might be overkill in a computer room.

In general they are a great company that makes excellent products and they have superb customer service.

Thanks, I think I might just look at getting the nova125 instead. And it's a bit cheaper too. I like that part of it definitely:) The more I read about these peachtree amps the more i'm sold on them. I like the all in one box solution that they offer. And they're not all that expensive as far as amps go, they can get crazy expensive. It should be plenty good enough to get me started.

Thanks, I think I might just look at getting the nova125 instead. And it's a bit cheaper too. I like that part of it definitely:) The more I read about these peachtree amps the more i'm sold on them. I like the all in one box solution that they offer. And they're not all that expensive as far as amps go, they can get crazy expensive. It should be plenty good enough to get me started.

The 125 is a great choice. Don't forget the beautiful little R100's from KEF also. Similar in many ways to the LS50's but less finicky, beautiful wood finish, grills if you want them and a few hundred dollars less. That combo is fantastic and superbly matched.

David

As others have cast the net wider let me make a suggestion that costs about the same as the Nova 125 but achieves a very different effect that you may like.

How about a NAD D3020 front ended with a miniDSP DDRC-22D to do room correction ?

The D3020 has a Hypex UCD module, whereas the Nova125 has B&O ICE module. My experience with ICE vs Hypex NCore is that NCore is significantly more transparent. This persuaded my to try the D3020 to drive the LS50 and I was surprised and delighted with the results. The money saved can then be used for the miniDSP with Dirac room correction box and the results achieve sound improvements which no DAC or amp can replicate

I have posted my observations in the room correction forum

Happy Hunting !

Sound Test, Monaco

Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland

e-mail [email protected]

As others have cast the net wider let me make a suggestion that costs about the same as the Nova 125 but achieves a very different effect that you may like.

How about a NAD D3020 front ended with a miniDSP DDRC-22D to do room correction ?

The D3020 has a Hypex UCD module, whereas the Nova125 has B&O ICE module. My experience with ICE vs Hypex NCore is that NCore is significantly more transparent. This persuaded my to try the D3020 to drive the LS50 and I was surprised and delighted with the results. The money saved can then be used for the miniDSP with Dirac room correction box and the results achieve sound improvements which no DAC or amp can replicate

I have posted my observations in the room correction forum

Happy Hunting !

Looks like I got some more reading to do :) I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

If it's purely a computer source, you might want to look at the KEF X300A as well

The Dynaudio Xeo 3 (or new 4) would also be a good, neat option.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

If it's purely a computer source, you might want to look at the KEF X300A as well

The Dynaudio Xeo 3 (or new 4) would also be a good, neat option.

It's too bad those Kef x300a's only support mac and windows. I'd like to buy a pair for my linux system downstairs. They look pretty good except they only support up to 96khz audio files. Maybe i'll buy a pair anyway and switch that system back to windows 7. I can get them for $500 at accessories4less. That's not a bad price on those speakers.

It's too bad those Kef x300a's only support mac and windows. I'd like to buy a pair for my linux system downstairs.

I think someone patched Linux so they work now... Searching for "kef x300a Linux patch" found a couple of fixes (I think).

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I think someone patched Linux so they work now... Searching for "kef x300a Linux patch" found a couple of fixes (I think).

Thanks, i'll look for it. If it ends up not working I can always switch back to windows. I think I might get a pair of them. For $500 I don't have much to lose. The speakers I got on that computer now are pathetic. It's been needing an upgrade for a long time now.

I would like to hear the newer generation of Peachtree gear. I had an iNova which was pretty good but the USB input let it down. It seemed to have a very good DAC, pretty good preamp, and so-so amp. I understand the newer models have very good amplifier sections and the USB input is now very good. If I wanted a do-it-all I would consider it. They also have a seriously good headphone output.

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open