IGNORED

HQ Player

• 3 weeks later...

@Miska

Apparently, the new 3.20.0 can add bits, sample rate and number of channels for each album present in HQP library (library.xml), like this for example:

<directory album="Amused to Death (HD)" artist="Roger Waters" bits="24" channels="2" cover="file:///media/nas1_music/Roger Waters/Amused to Death 24-192/cover.jpg" path="/media/nas1_music/Roger Waters/Amused to Death 24-192"rate="192000">

However, it only works if the library is deleted first. I have done a full re-scan of my library without deleting and nothing was added. Could this be corrected? Or is there a reason why this happened?

16 minutes ago, Miska said:

Items that are already in the library are skipped to speed up the scan and avoid destroying modified information. HQPlayer Emebedded behaves in a different way because it doesn't have metadata editing capabilities. Only missing cover art and file information are added when scanning.

This applies also to future metadata additions. So it is up to you to decide if you want to preserve existing data or not.

From what you say it means that one HAS to delete the library in order to have it in perfect order once re-scanned. I am sure that the full information may be useful in the future and it's definitely useful now to HQPDcontrol to display file info during playback.

Wouldn't be possible to have the full scan without destroying modified information?   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Miska Would it be possible to have HQPlayer Desktop remember the size of its library columns?

Please look at attached picture. Artist column size depends on the longest name in that category and it may take a lot of space, making column size very large. So in order to see Path (sometimes it's needed to see resolution size), every time I need to resize Artist column which is inconvenient.

It would be good if I resize a column and HQPD sticks to that size when I reopen it.  

HQPD.jpg

3 hours ago, Miska said:

Well yes, sort of, but it has it's sides. So either it is auto-adjusting to fit the content and it is consequently not restored. Or it is restored, but doesn't auto-adjust, so everyone would need to adjust it at least once. Same for the other columns.

I would just edit the ridiculously long artist name in the library view to be something sensible.

I would prefer to have to adjust once and be done.

I am sorry, but some artist have "ridiculously long names" especially if it's a group of four. I prefer to resize the columns once and keep their names unaltered. .

3 hours ago, westside said:

Hi guys,

I need your help please.

I use hqplayer and Roon server under Windows 10 with my Ifi nano idsd.

My issue is i cant go over dsd 128 whatever the setting i try and i dont know why.

Everything work great at dsd128 but i would try dsd256 my dac can reach that rate.

So can you help me please ?

Thank you by advance and have a nice day.

In Settings set SDM to "none". You probably have it on "DoP".

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Miska said:

I don't understand what you mean by "to change the tags"?

FLAC has two specified artist related items, "ARTIST" and "PERFORMER". ID3v2 tags on the other hand have 11 different artist related items, these are indicated by four-character codes, for example performer is "TOPE". HQPlayer maps both FLAC and ID3v2 things into two fields, "artist" and "performer" following the FLAC notation, and does best-effort mapping from the various ID3v2 fields into these two.

I give you an example:

In MP3Tag I have correctly

album Artist - Eddie Graham Trio

Composer - Carl Fischer

When I scan the album in HQPlayer library I get:

Artist - Carl Fischer

Performer - Eddie Graham Trio

Check it out

53 minutes ago, Allan F said:

It is very tedious. I spent hours editing library.xml to get things to display the way I wanted them to in both HQPlayer and HQPD control.

Your assumption is correct unless we are missing something that Jussi can point out. In my initial installation of HQPDcontrol, the only albums for which cover art was displayed were those with cover art in the metadata because of the NAS path format problem in HQPlayer's API, which erroneously omitted cover art for all albums with a cover art path.

@ted_b, @Allan F

I am not able to follow you.

In my library.xml all album folders have an entry similar to this one:

cover="file:///media/samba/Music/A Girl Called Eddy/A Girl Called Eddy/folder.jpg"

Covers and albums are resident on my NAS.

If you open library.xml and do a seach (in my case) with cover="file:///", don't you get all directories with cover as folder.jpg? 

1 minute ago, Allan F said:

No. While the majority of my albums contain cover path entries similar to yours, a number of the albums do not. Those albums have the album cover art contained in the album's metadata.Those are the albums that Ted and I are referring to.

Then, can't you simply add a folder.jpg in all directories that do not have it ?!

59 minutes ago, ted_b said:

Define "simply".  For, say, 500 directories (which out of 7000 ain't bad).  Most of those are likely embedded art, cuz I really only think I have less than 100 albums that don't have any art in HQPlayer...but am not in the mood to cull the 80 or so out of the 500.

And furthermore, why add folder.jpgs to folders whose albums already display art! 

So, assuming I go forward with this HQPDcontrol project, I will simply visually take inventory of those minorities that don't display art, and then add manually.  A long slow boring process...but something that the XML document won't help with.

"simply" as straight forward. I realize that it can be tedious to accomplish.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Improved Sound said:

I'm tried HQPlayer Desktop: 3.22.0 but it don't run with Windows Server 2012 R2 An errore sistem ask a .dll function. How I can solve this problem? :(

Miska cannot help you on this because Windows Server is not supported. However, if you look back a few pages on this thread, someone replied to a similar problem. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, n2it said:

I've been trying out HQplayer for about 2 weeks now.   Been using mostly the (non 2s) poly-sinc-xtr-mp and converting to (44.1x) DSD512 and enjoying the sound.  So today, I played my first 48k/24 bit song (I only have 7 albums that are 48k) and it stuttered the whole song (well at least the 30 seconds I listened to it) and any other 48k song that I tried.  I guess I was a bit surprised given that I am running:

Threadripper 1950x (not overclocked) running in Creator mode

64 gb RAM running at CL14 3200 MHz

Music is stored on a pretty fast NVMe drive 

GPU is an eVGA GTX 1070ti (slightly overclocked) 

CPU was only showing 50% (it was around 45-50% - so that seemed weird), GPU showed 1%.  Is this expected with these specs?  Is there an HQplayer setting I need to look at?  Or should I look at something on my computer? 

For your 7 albums were you converting to 48k x512? Please test playback at 48k x256 too.

Maybe, if you were still on 44.1k x512, it was creating a problem for your PC.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, jvvita said:

Hey guys, I am writing to get some advice.

I have been using Hqplayer with servercore 2016 and AO. I am using a gigabyte Brix, with an i7 6500U and 16gb of ram. Down the signal chain I have an iFi iPower (acting as an USB regen) and finally a PsAudio DirectStream DAC. The music is stored in an Asustor NAS.

Despite the i7, the computer stutters when upsamling to more than DSD64, using poly-sync xtr mp and ASDM7. I can go no further. Reading other posts, my specs seem to indicate that I would be able to at least go to DSD 128. Changing the audio chain doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Also, even when at DSD64, I often hear some "plics" and "plocs". The volume control of Hqplayer is limited to -5 dBFS. 

Appreciate your insights.

Could you please try to upsample using poly-sync-mp or even poly-sync-mp-2s.

As this filter requires much less cpu performance, you can verify if you can go beyond DSD64. 

@Miska I'm on latest Linux version.

Is it normal that, although a RB album scan in the library has correctly recognized a certain Artist name (in my case "Roland Kirk"), when I playback that album I see on the desktop a different Artist name which corresponds to the Composer tag ("Gus Kahn, Walter Donaldson")?! This is rather disconcerting.

I double checked album tags with MP3Tag. Everything is correct.

9 hours ago, Miska said:

In latest version with addition of "ALBUMARTIST" tag support for FLACs, albums are shown under artist specified under "ALBUMARTIST" (if available). Individual tracks show what is specified under "ARTIST" tag. So in essence only thing that has changed is what is shown for albums if album artist is specified in FLAC, everything else is as before. So sounds like things work as intended.

If you really have a "COMPOSER" tag, then you should also have "PERFORMER" tag which would be something used for classical music where composer would be something like "J.S. Bach" and performer would be something like "London Symphony Orchestra". Note that COMPOSER only applied if ARTIST is not specified before it.

Sorry, but I do not see how it relates to what I reported.

This is a jazz album, not classical. Furthermore, AlbumArtist tag is empty. As I said, when I scan the album, Artist is correctly identified and inserted in the Library. When I playback, on the desktop Artist shows the content of Composer tag! Is this how you to intend it to work?!