IGNORED

HQ Player

• 1 month later...

I have no experience with Linux, and I'm glad I have no experience with Roon.

If not streaming, then presumably offline is an option. This is my religious preference anyway. Because Windows does not Update, you can choose whichever version you want. I use the earliest i.e. [Pro] 1507 Threshold 1. I don't use any Windows taming software such as AO. But I do strip back bespoke with my own custom notes + aid of Process Lasso. Sure it's Microsoft / Windows - but I don't have any problems with Windows like this. If there’s any risk, it is that I fubar the result of my own digging. But then it’s not the end of the world if I have to reinstall just not making the same mistake.

I am an appreciative HQPlayer user now. I upsample Red Book flac PCM to 176.4 kHz [sinc-S/Gauss1/-3] for my Pro Audio Dangerous Convert-2. My CPU i7-6700 3.4 GHz hovers 3-5% not more than 10%.

If ever I leapt into the high sampling rate darkness, changing my DAC, mobo and CPU at once, I would remain offline. I haven’t thought through whether then I might switch to Linux. I am glued to Windows because I use Dante Virtual Soundcard [ASIO > RedNet D16 AES]. The prospect of USB doesn’t appeal to me at all.

So yes – CD ripping / Windows 10 offline / headless / HQPlayer Desktop = all very good. HQPlayer Client an ethernet cable away optional.

I don’t fancy the role of King Canute against the tide of Microsoft’s capricious interfering. To me - just another reason to stay offline.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, 87mpi said:

@Miska

Hi Jussi, 

I have upgrade my audio pc with a jcat ethernet pcie card and hardware fingerprint has changed.

I need the new license key please.

I have already write you two email about it

Please let me know 🙏 

Regards 

Antonio 

1 hour ago, GMG said:

@MiskaIs this a thing??

I am planning to change my internal hard drive soon, will that disable my license? How come? I’m still the same single user of the license

When I enquired last July, Jussi told me "HQPlayer Desktop licenses are not hardware locked."

+ I am offline and HQPlayer works fine.

• 5 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, GMG said:

HQPlayer is more of a "pick an album and play it" kind of player. You can't really curate a queue based on various criteria (genres, tags, favorites, artists, etc.) and play it.

This also my greatest regret about HQplayer!

I love HQPlayer - for SQ!

But I just cannot use it to select tracks for playing - for queueing - for a given listening session.

Sure - I like some Albums.

But mostly I like "Songs" - which don't belong to an Album at all.

I get that the majority of users are Album guys (/gals).

So I say this only to appeal to Jussi's generosity - as the future unfurls -  in considering audiophiles not so inclined to regard "Album" as the unit of playback.

Meantime I still use fb2k to tee-up what I want to hear.

I use HQPlayer Desktop on a single PC. The only network is internet-offline and downstream. I don't even bother with Client. Easier to use fb2k (drag "Songs" 1 by 1, or drag a playlist).