IGNORED

HQ Player

I am considering using HQ Player again. My last install was about 2 years ago with a mR as NAA. The mR is now history, but I have an extra DIY Audio PC that I could use. Perhaps I am having a brain cramp, but I am struggling to understand how I would go about setting HQ Player up within my system chain. Currently I am running Roon Server on my Zenith SE and the Trinnov is a Roon End Point. All via Ethernet.

Would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction? 

1 hour ago, firedog said:

You need either full HQP setup and use it directly from that computer, or you need full HQP setup on a computer and HQP NAA setup on a network connected device that can receive the stream from the HQP computer. 

Can the Zenith run HQP? If so, you can use the DIY as the NAA. 

Or with Roon, you can install HQP on a computer on the Network, and tell it to send the output to HQP at it’s network address where you installed it. That then is your HQP audio PC

Thx, but with the last proposed setup, that would mean that my Trinnov would have to function as a NAA (which it does not) to be reachable via Ethernet, correct? 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, ericuco said:

You can connect HQP to another device via Ethernet using HQP NAA software. That is very common. Lots of the streamer devices already have NAA installed or you can download NAA and it install it.

hmmm, doesn’t quite fit given that the device running Roon Bridge is an Innuos Server (acting as a streamer) and one cannot install NAA in the standard Innuos configuration.

• 2 years later...

I am struggling a bit with my current setup and was wondering if someone could tell me from a HQPlayer Backend Output Settings perspective which values should provide the highest amount of stability between HQPlayer and an ASIO Device.

I currently have my Windows 10 Music Server running Roon Core and HQplayer Desktop connected via a Sablon Audio USB Cable / JCAT USB XE to my T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier. I have also installed the T+A Bit Perfect USB Driver.  For some reason, the connection to my DAC is just not stabile and just drops at varying times with no apparent pattern.

Realize it is probably not specifically an HQPlayer issue but thought it would be as good as place as any to start troubleshooting.

Thx. 

• 7 months later...