IGNORED

Ian Anderson: Homo Erraticus (HDtracks)

HD802644829227_185.jpg

HDtracks link

Here is a review in the Independent:

The concept album makes surprise top ten return with neolithic opus from Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson - News - Music - The Independent

I took the gamble, and it paid off. Excellent, so far. If you like flute and Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull), you will probably appreciate it.

Looks like the real thing, too:

zsh-% fbits *
24/24 bits	01-Doggerland.flac
24/24 bits	02-Heavy Metals.flac
24/24 bits	03-Enter The Uninvited.flac
24/24 bits	04-Puer Ferox Adventus.flac
24/24 bits	05-Meliora Sequamur.flac
24/24 bits	06-The Turnpike Inn.flac
24/24 bits	07-The Engineer.flac
24/24 bits	08-The Pax Britannica.flac
24/24 bits	09-Tripudium Ad Bellum.flac
24/24 bits	10-After These Wars.flac
24/24 bits	11-New Blood, Old Veins.flac
24/24 bits	12-In For A Pound.flac
24/24 bits	13-The Browning Of The Green.flac
24/24 bits	14-Per Errationes Ad Astra.flac
24/24 bits	15-Cold Dead Reckoning.flac

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11909[/ATTACH]

Appreciate it, I was curious about this.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Always happy to help.

However, Anderson, elevated to Prog God Award by Prog Magazine last year, has retired the Jethro Tull name. The 18th-century British agronomist who invented the machine drill for sowing seed for commercial gain deserved better, the musician believes. “We didn’t know our booking agent named us after a dead guy. I didn’t do Jethro Tull in O-level history. We couldn’t change the name after we started having some success.”

He admits: “I’ve always felt a bit of embarrassment about the name and now it’s time to take a step back. When I tour this album I don’t want 20 drunk yobbos jeering because we’re not just doing their 20 favourite Tull songs: ‘Stay at home, watch the baseball game but this time don’t go to the concert.’”

I remember my frosh. high school history teacher's incredulous comment about "some rock band" being named after Jethro Tull. (ca. 1977).

Since when do yobbos watch baseball?