IGNORED

Router and Ethernet Switch suggestions

I suggest everyone living outside EU should email Aqvox and request her to deduct the 19% mwst (vat). At the moment she think it's to much work.

I think if she gets 50 emails she may reconsider. It's some paperwork the first tIme, but when she know the drill, it shouldn't be an argument against her customers.

Also people may purchase other items from her as well.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Wow so an additional 19% on top of the already steep, (heavily politicized), Euro exchange rate?

Not worth it for me....

Deducted from €398.

You should pay €335

And if you prefer iFi power instead, or the LPS-1, you can deduct more. I think the smps is listed €85.

Then the price may be €261 without mwst.

+ freight.

I have experimented with these things continuously since I went from CD playback to a Slim Devices Transporter 10 years ago.

At no time since then have I ever found wireless anywhere near acceptable in terms of stability or SQ.

A few months ago, I invested in TP-Link fiberoptics, based on high praise here and elsewhere. It didn't take long to discover that the SQ was markedly inferior to wire.

I have had positive experiences with the Aqvox 5V wall wart and USB cables, so after the Hifi Statement review, I decided to take a chance. The switch appears to build on Paul Pang's work and I have had great results with several of his products.

Al Jones

Have you got the Aqvox yet ?

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, GUTB said:

I've noticed streaming hi-fi quality from Tidal is a noticeable downgrade from listening to the very same tracks from ripped CDs. Both played through Roon from the same PC. Is that quality loss due to the networking components involved, or is it more likely that I'm just hearing Tidal compression?

Very strange. Once it was the opposite for me. Now I think no difference. 

Can you tell us more about your setup ? Or is it everything on one PC ?

Local storage. SSD or something else.

Any MicroRendu and LPS-1 ?

I suppose using Tidal app, even with Master then does not change anything ?

I don't think Tidal compression exist ?

6 hours ago, GUTB said:

SSD powered by external USB adapter.

That maybe part of the reason. I like to test myself one day. I notice you use USB from a PC, and not a endpoint like MicroRendu or similar. So you may have found a way to beat the SQ of a Tidal stream ?

• 7 months later...

Well, I would think the data stream has already passed the switch, and the “damage” is already done ?

As it would through USB as well. Did you pull the usb plugs, usb HD’s ? Power ?

I think you use WiFi. (To avoid the switch ?)  Pull the power of the WiFi, I suppose same happens. 

So so how would  USB/SPDIF converts sound different, or maybe they don’t ?

Do switches have jitter ? 

Does jitter and other pollutions (power, noice, ) most likely occurs in the digital domain. 

Why rule out switches ? And not DCC’s and more...