IGNORED

Facebook/Twitter to follow your favorite artists

I know that the average age group here probably doesn't overlap 100% with the typical facebook user profile (although they seem to be getting older as well), but I just wanted to see if anybody else is following your favorite artists on any social media site.

I personally subscribe ("Like") quite a number of artists and labels, mainly on Facebook, less on Twitter. These include Giovanni Mirabassi, Triosence, Tingvall Trio, Ola Gjeilo, ECM, Qobuz, Sophie Hunger etc.

Obviously the artists vary quite a bit in how much they are sharing in these media, but I find it a useful tool to follow what they are up to, and make sure I'll never miss a nice concert in the area again.

What's your experience here? Any artists you could recommend following?

I know that the average age group here probably doesn't overlap 100% with the typical facebook user profile (although they seem to be getting older as well), but I just wanted to see if anybody else is following your favorite artists on any social media site.

I personally subscribe ("Like") quite a number of artists and labels, mainly on Facebook, less on Twitter. These include Giovanni Mirabassi, Triosence, Tingvall Trio, Ola Gjeilo, ECM, Qobuz, Sophie Hunger etc.

Obviously the artists vary quite a bit in how much they are sharing in these media, but I find it a useful tool to follow what they are up to, and make sure I'll never miss a nice concert in the area again.

What's your experience here? Any artists you could recommend following?

Well, it's worth to follow @PentaToneMusic. For instance for that spectacular baroque performance video :-):

AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" Played On Cellos - Video

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

I do follow my favorite artists on Facebook. Through there I learn about new album releases, concerts and other activities. There are many things you can only get through these channels. For example, one of my favorite artists is doing a pledge campaign for a new album. I only found out through Facebook.

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo