IGNORED

Does anyone here own a Leben Cs300X(S)

I am wondering if it is possible to run a KT77 Gold Lion tube in place of the EL84 Sovtek tubes that come standard in it.

Thanks.

Completely different tubes. The EL84 is a small pin lower output tube whereas the KT77 is mire like an EL34 which is a much larger tube. Two EL84's will put out approx 15 watts in push pull whereas a set of KT77 (or EL34) will output in the neighborhood of 35 watts.

David

Completely different tubes. The EL84 is a small pin lower output tube whereas the KT77 is mire like an EL34 which is a much larger tube. Two EL84's will put out approx 15 watts in push pull whereas a set of KT77 (or EL34) will output in the neighborhood of 35 watts.

You're absolutely right, my mistake. shoot.

No electron left behind.

I used to own one of these, but it was the Mullard version. Sounded much better with Mullard EL84s in place, with superior clarity and punch. Rolling NOS 5751s paid dividends as well.

My understanding is that the only difference between the X version and the XS are the Sovtek Tubes in the new version. Nothing some tube rolling can't solve.

No electron left behind.

My understanding is that the only difference between the X version and the XS are the Sovtek Tubes in the new version. Nothing some tube rolling can't solve.

1950's vintage Sylvania black plate 5751s were my favorite. NEC 5751s were quite nice as well, but pretty hard to come by.

Sort of miss that amp.

Wrong grasshopper. The output transformers are different also. I have a client that just sold his and h said the difference between the two was startling.

David