IGNORED

PentaTone Downloads..How long do we have to wait? !!

Yeah I know, I know: there is a new website shop and downloads are coming.. but when!!!!!???

Can't wait. Some awesome SACD DSD surround recordings with this label.... :)

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

and multichannel DSD downloads open a whole new can of worms. (Not that they're impossible, but few computer-audio systems are set up for them.)

Multichannel DSD downloads are a a can of wonderfulness! And our NAtiveDSD.com website has hundreds of them so far, and we're signing up new labels all the time. Can we sign Pentatone? Not likely as they have already claimed they are going to do (copy?) what we are doing. Anyway, mutlichannel DSD is very real, very doable (I have both Mytek and exaSound DSD 5.1 solutions working) and very very musical. :)

By the way, the ExaSuund uses a single USB cable (USB is multichannel capable by nature) and I;m using what is essentially a very small low power cpu (CAPS V3 Lagoon, Intel DN2800MT, Atom-based processor). It handles 5.1 DSD just fine. Am I going to go bigger cpu? Yes, cuz I want to do mutlichannel DXD too, and that is a little more cpu intensive.

Multichannel DSD downloads are a a can of wonderfulness! And our NAtiveDSD.com website has hundreds of them so far, and we're signing up new labels all the time. Can we sign Pentatone? Not likely as they have already claimed they are going to do (copy?) what we are doing. Anyway, mutlichannel DSD is very real, very doable (I have both Mytek and exaSound DSD 5.1 solutions working) and very very musical. :)

By the way, the ExaSuund uses a single USB cable (USB is multichannel capable by nature) and I;m using what is essentially a very small low power cpu (CAPS V3 Lagoon, Intel DN2800MT, Atom-based processor). It handles 5.1 DSD just fine. Am I going to go bigger cpu? Yes, cuz I want to do mutlichannel DXD too, and that is a little more cpu intensive.

I can't wait to get a multichannel, DSD-capable DAC! I've been listening via Audirvana (realtime conversion to PCM), over HDMI to my A/V receiver, and it sounds marvelous even that way :)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Yes, you can playback Multichannel DSD downloads on the Oppo 103/105 (via USB input), exaSound e28 or stacked Mytek. I'm told more Multichannel DSD DAC choices are on the way.

And Ted is right, the sound is very nice. Hard to go back to Stereo only after hearing some of the Multichannel DSD Downloads. The ones from David Elias and Channel Classics on NativeDSD.Com he mentioned are certainly some big reasons why! :)

PentaTone has a large catalog of Multichannel and Stereo DSD albums. We'll to wait and see whether they emerge on a PentaTone download site or one of the existing ones like NativeDSD, HD Klassik or Super HiRez.

Ted you just gotta sign PentaTone. Like regnaD says..and I'm sure you now, they have some *GREAT* multichannel DSD recordings...

As for "not many computer audio systems are set up for them"..well sure. you need a very special dac.. and that dac right now is the e28.. folks.. yes!.. it can be done. I'm doing it right now via a 2 year old Mac book air, A+, one usb cable and the dac run straight into some old secondhand Rotel Power amps.. Total cost around 5K.

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

...Nice clean website nativedsd.com. Nice!

...Nice clean website nativedsd.com. Nice!

And they just added a "Top 10 DSD Downloads" chart today. Good info !

Would PentaTone make a nice addition to NativeDSD.Com? Sure.

For now, they have 160+ DSD titles and I'm watching for the new ones Ted is hinting at when he says "hundreds of downloads". Must be 40 or more in the pipeline.... :)