IGNORED

Sony HAP-Z1ES has arrived

Merko

There was a post on Sony help recommending deleting and reinstalling the HAP download app -- I will try that - again a lot of people have the same issue - at least with PCs - and Sony needs to recognize that.

I did that and it did nothing.

I just finished rescanning the internal and tested it but still no go with putting files on the hap.   I am doing a rescan on the external.... will take a while.  I don't think it'll  do anything just like the internal.  I am surprised that there are many other pc users having the same issue.  Sony did not say anything nor did they offer anything more than a repair that requires a shipping back of the unit (at my cost I assume as no warranty left).  Not a happy camper.

4 minutes ago, digital record said:

I did that and it did nothing.

i truly doubt rescanning will help here

first you want to figure out if the ethernet connection is good

on the hap, you should see a diagnostic under network setting..it should read ok and then if you scroll down you should see the IP and some of your LAN settings

go back to the PC and verify that the PC can talk to the HAP via CMD prompt and ping the HAP IP

I don't use that app anymore, i just went and mapped both internal and external HAP drives to a drive letter via "Map network drive"

Then you can just drag and drop 

do you have a different PC?

have you also tried the HAP APP on android or IOS device

i truly doubt rescanning will help here

first you want to figure out if the ethernet connection is good

on the hap, you should see a diagnostic under network setting..it should read ok and then if you scroll down you should see the IP and some of your LAN settings

go back to the PC and verify that the PC can talk to the HAP via CMD prompt and ping the HAP IP

I don't use that app anymore, i just went and mapped both internal and external HAP drives to a drive letter via "Map network drive"

Then you can just drag and drop 

do you have a different PC?

have you also tried the HAP APP on android or IOS device

Everything checks out on the hap's network setting and the hap transfer tool's screen shows it sees the hap and the ip address.  Tried this on 2 pc's with the same inability to put files into the hap

1 minute ago, digital record said:

Tried this on 2 pc's with the same inability to put files into the hap

and when you pinged it?

open cmd prompt and type 

ping (and then the IP address of the HAP)

you could also go to any window, then tools, then map network drive and then browse and see if the hap is on the network

and when you pinged it?

open cmd prompt and type 

ping (and then the IP address of the HAP)

you could also go to any window, then tools, then map network drive and then browse and see if the hap is on the network 

Pinged it and I get a response.   it's there.  I see it in windows in my network but still a no go.   Thanks everyone for your helpful input.  Still no luck

Just an update...Looks like nothing I do will allow me to transfer files to the hap anymore.  I did a factory reset and pulled off my external drive before doing so.  After completion with only the internal drive, I tried dragging and dropping to the hap and no go.  exactly the same as before.  I believe it is the firmware update that screwed things up as everything worked prior to the update.   I am trying to rescan a few TB of files back onto my hap via rescanning the external drive.   What a PIA!!!

2 minutes ago, digital record said:

Just an update...Looks like nothing I do will allow me to transfer files to the hap anymore.  I did a factory reset and pulled off my external drive before doing so.  After completion with only the internal drive, I tried dragging and dropping to the hap and no go.  exactly the same as before.  I believe it is the firmware update that screwed things up as everything worked prior to the update.   I am trying to rescan a few TB of files back onto my hap via rescanning the external drive.   What a PIA!!!

Won’t help you much, but I have Windows 10 running and also installed the recent firmware update. I have no problems at all with transferring files to the HAP device. So it can work...

6 hours ago, digital record said:

I"m not sure if this is still valid, but I believe I got this from an Amazon review...

"... This fix applies windows 10 and will correct this problem:
The transfer software will find the player, it will initiate the transfer and populate a transfer file, but no files ever transfer to the HAP's HDD. The circular arrow transfer icon never appears on the HAP LCD screen.

In the lower left corner in the search box type “Control Panel” and then click on “Control Panel” > Go to “Programs and Features” > click on “Turn Windows features on or off” > this will open a “Windows Features” window > scroll down to “SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support” and expand it > make sure all 3 options are checked and then click the “Apply” and/or “OK” button”. Restart the computer."

I"m not sure if this is still valid, but I believe I got this from an Amazon review...

"... This fix applies windows 10 and will correct this problem:
The transfer software will find the player, it will initiate the transfer and populate a transfer file, but no files ever transfer to the HAP's HDD. The circular arrow transfer icon never appears on the HAP LCD screen.

In the lower left corner in the search box type “Control Panel” and then click on “Control Panel” > Go to “Programs and Features” > click on “Turn Windows features on or off” > this will open a “Windows Features” window > scroll down to “SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support” and expand it > make sure all 3 options are checked and then click the “Apply” and/or “OK” button”. Restart the computer."

I tried that with hte sony rep and mine were already checked off.  Not working still.

On 10/23/2018 at 1:10 AM, digital record said:

Nope...I the paste option is greyed out. 

For drag and drop you do not need the paste option.  You just drag and drop from a folder on your computer to a folder on your HAP.  Yes it's grayed out on mine too, but that's irrelevant.  The latest version of the HAP Transfer App (Windows) is 1.3.0.09060;  There is a button on the app console "Explore HAP (Show in Explorer)".  That opens a window where you can navigate to the folders on your HAP and drag and drop.

Other things to check (there are 3 variables: your PC, Your HAP, your network):

Can you see the HAP-Z1ES in file explorer?  You should be able to right click and view properties.  If I double click on the HAP-Z1ES icon in the Network section of file explorer I get a web page with the "Sony HDD Audio Player  HAP-Z1ES Web Browzer App" along with an out of service disclaimer for this old app. This proves you can at least see the device.

Is your PC seeing other shared folders, devices, computers on your network and can you navigate to those folders (assuming sharing is on).  If not then the problem may be Win10 (search internet for fixes for network issues with version 1803 for example)

Is your HAP using a wired or wireless connection?  If wireless, try a wired connection to see if the stronger/faster connection helps.  When I first set up my unit 4.5 years ago, I used a wired connection to populate the HAP which was much faster and more reliable than the wireless.  Since then I use the wireless to keep it up to date (several [not hundreds] albums at a time).

Hope this helps - sorry if I have repeated what others have already suggested.

JM

Nearfield Desk System: PC with JRiver MC > Sonore microRendu > Schiit Gungnir USB DAC > 6AH4 Linestage > 6CB5A Amp  >Dave's Cables > Omega Super 3 Desktop Speakers on 1-3/4" Maple Butcher Block Table

My "Living Room" System: Sony HAP-Z1ES Player, 2 Pass Labs XA60.5 (Mids/Lows), Pass Labs XA30.5 Amp (Highs), First Watt B4 & B5 Crossovers, Nuforce MCP-18 Preamp, Oppo BDP-103D Video Player, Parasound 275v2 Amp (Center), Parasound 275v2 Amp (SL, SR) Paradigm 90P Full Range Speakers with Powered Subwoofers, Paradigm CC Center Channel, Paradigm Mini Monitor Surrounds, Sony KDL46XBR9 Monitor

I added some pics.  All setting are fine and Hap is visible on the pc.  Cannot drag and drop {see pic...only getting a red circle with line thru it) or do transfer to either drives via hap transfer tool either.  I am clueless right now.  I have factory reset and have scanned both drives.  The hap is building the library back up so have to wait a few more days before it is complete.  I am on day 2 since I did the factory reset.