IGNORED

Selling off some gear.

I have some gear that may find use with other folks...

1. SOtM mBPS-d2s Intelligent Battery Power Supply:

SOtM tX-USBexp Audiophile PCIe to USB Audio Card:

Used maybe 6 months. Went to Paul Pang V1 Sound Card.

Excellent condition: $500 (Retail $700, as a group)

2.SOtM In-Line SATA Power Noise Filter:

Excellent condition, used 6 months. $30 (Retail $65)

3. SOtM In-Line Fan Power Noise Filter:

New $10

4. Acoustic Revive LAN-isolator RLI-1. Purchased direct from Japan. Used two months. Trialed against the GISO 1GB and switched. I do not foresee myself using a dual computer server setup anytime soon.

$200 (paid $250)

And now for something completely different:

5.Allnic L4000 Linestage (renamed L3000) with the upgraded larger transformers. 9/10 condition. Retail for $12,000. 6moons audio reviews: Allnic Audio L-4000 & A-6000 I am upgrading to the L5000. Will sell for $6,500 and have extra tubes. The tubes last years.

6. Museatex BIDAT + AV Center + 100W Amp.

John Wright who used to work with Ed Meitner in the 1980’s-1990’s has kept the Meilor/Museatex line running over the years. I have had these units modified twice and the BIDAT three times. They too are in excellent condition but give 8/10 due to age. Currently I am trialing BIDAT vs EMM LABS DAC2X vs Empirical Audio Overdrive DAC SE with full Paul Hynes Mods and CUTF caps. This BIDAT is the only one ever upgraded with an EMM LABS power supply; therefore, is limited to 120V/60Hz. I found it bested the DAC2x regarding a more natural, vinyl sound that is more lifelike. It is however limited to 20/48. It will process 24 bit music but cuts the last 4 bits. It will not play over a sampling rate of 48 kHz. Any larger sampling rate would require re-sampling. Like the Overdrive DAC, it does have a volume control. The volume is adjusted by changing the reference voltage of the D/A conversion. I personally never used it and do recommend a preamp. My understanding is that the low end has less oomph when the preamp is omitted. All three units are piano black mahogany. This makes a stellar system.

The BIDAT + 100W amp + AVcenter preamp set $5000.

Shipping by Fedex, insured. Buyer pays by Paypal, or wire transfer. N. America buyer preferred.

Thank you for reviewing....

Too bad your Sotm PCIe to USB is a PCI express card. I need a PCI version as I don’t have an express slot on my motherboard.

The Museatex BiDAT is an excellent DAC. I just sold mine this last summer.

AMR 777 DAC, Purist Ultimate USB, PC server 4gig SOTM USB, server 2012, Audiophil Optimizer,Joule Preamp LAP150 Platinum Vcaps Bybee, Spectron Monoblocks Bybee Vcaps, Eggleston Savoy speakers, 2 REL Stentor III subwoofers, Pranawire Cosmos speaker wire, Purist Dominus Praesto cabling, Purist Anniversary (Canorus)power cables and Elrod Statement Gold power cable, VPI Aries I SDS w/Grado The Statement LP, 11kVA power isolation, 16 sound panels and bass traps TAD,RPG,GIK and Realtraps

Coxhaus, what did you replace your bidat with? I too believe this dac is very hard to beat. The EMM labs powersupply really made a difference this last cycle of upgrades, summer 2012. I subsequently purchased the EMM labs per Chris' review. It was a step backwards from the Bidat, although it offers dsd. The Lampizator 7 with dsd and balanced outputs (yes they will make one with balanced outputs) is my next direction. Since you owned a BIDAT, I am very curious what direction you chose.

Well you know my BiDAT was sold due to an error in my power isolation. The power isolator I installed first go around was 600VA 220 volts unit. This unit only provided power for the DAC and preamp. I was in my new music room and a lot was going on and changing. The BiDAT now sounded lean and not like it sounded before in the other room so I let a friend talk me out of it. I finally decided the power isolator was too small and replaced the unit with a 5000 watt unit divided into 2 separate circuits. Boy was the sound better but it was too late for the BiDAT as it was all ready gone. I am now using the AMR 777 which is a very good USB DAC.

The only issues with the BiDAT in my opinion were it had a smaller sound stage than most top units and the very top air was a little lacking but I loved the saxophone out of the BiDAT. I think I would still be using it if not for the above.

AMR 777 DAC, Purist Ultimate USB, PC server 4gig SOTM USB, server 2012, Audiophil Optimizer,Joule Preamp LAP150 Platinum Vcaps Bybee, Spectron Monoblocks Bybee Vcaps, Eggleston Savoy speakers, 2 REL Stentor III subwoofers, Pranawire Cosmos speaker wire, Purist Dominus Praesto cabling, Purist Anniversary (Canorus)power cables and Elrod Statement Gold power cable, VPI Aries I SDS w/Grado The Statement LP, 11kVA power isolation, 16 sound panels and bass traps TAD,RPG,GIK and Realtraps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is your RLI-1still available?

Tidal Audio Agoria Loudspeakers; VAC Master preamp; Merrill Audio Christine preamp, Merrill Audio Jens & VAC Renaissance Phono Preamps;   Bricasti M28 & Merrill Audio Element 118 Monoblock Amplifiers; Sonore Signature RenduSE Optical network player; Bricasti M12 Source Controller/ DAC; Spiral Groove SG-2 TT with Centroid Arm & Transfiguration Proteus Diamond Cartridge; Ampex ATR-102 Reel-Reel with Merrill Audio Master tape head preamplifier; Ansuz signal and power cabling and power distribution; Symposium Isis racks 

INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: Dealer- XtremeFidelity.net (VAC,  Bricasti, Merrill Audio,  Sonore, Ansuz, Synergistic Research & others)

Would you sell the SOtM mBPS-d2s Intelligent Battery Power Supply separately?

Dahlquist DQ-10 Speakers DQ-LP1 crossover 2 DW-1 Subs

Dynaco Mk III Mains - Rotel 991 Subs

Wyred W4S Pre Gustard X10 DAC

SOtM dx-USB-HD reclocked SOtMmBPS-d2s

Intel Thin-mini ITX

Harpy, I prefer to sell them as a unit, as SOtM sound card alone needs a linear PS or something.

Afveep, the RLI-1 is still available. I would encourage you to pay extra and order a new the GISO 1GB. I switched for a reason. RLI-1 is wonderful but the GISO is better. RLI-1 is in perfect condition.

-j

Re the RLI-1- thanks so much for the suggestion of the GISO- I'll take a look. Where can they be purchased here in the US?

Tom

Tidal Audio Agoria Loudspeakers; VAC Master preamp; Merrill Audio Christine preamp, Merrill Audio Jens & VAC Renaissance Phono Preamps;   Bricasti M28 & Merrill Audio Element 118 Monoblock Amplifiers; Sonore Signature RenduSE Optical network player; Bricasti M12 Source Controller/ DAC; Spiral Groove SG-2 TT with Centroid Arm & Transfiguration Proteus Diamond Cartridge; Ampex ATR-102 Reel-Reel with Merrill Audio Master tape head preamplifier; Ansuz signal and power cabling and power distribution; Symposium Isis racks 

INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: Dealer- XtremeFidelity.net (VAC,  Bricasti, Merrill Audio,  Sonore, Ansuz, Synergistic Research & others)

[email protected]

you need to order it direct from europe. I do not know a US dealer. Paypal.

Thank you very much for your interest in our GISO GB. The price for GISO GB incl. one 50cm CAT cable is 349,- EUR, for you in USA minus 19% VAT, thus about 293,- EUR plus 15,- EUR shipping, resulting in 308,28 EUR total.

If you want to order, just write me a short mail please. Then you will receive an invoice and you can pay it via Paypal or wire transfer.

---my unit came in 4 days.

I suggest getting the 1 gb version.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

1. SOtM mBPS-d2s Intelligent Battery Power Supply:

SOtM tX-USBexp Audiophile PCIe to USB Audio Card:

Used maybe 6 months. Went to Paul Pang V1 Sound Card.

Excellent condition: $500 (Retail $700, as a group)

This unit is sold.

2. Allnic L4000 Linestage (renamed L3000) with the upgraded larger transformers. 9/10 condition. Retail for $12,000. 6moons audio reviews: Allnic Audio L-4000 & A-6000 Reviews by third party sources | Hammertone Audio Allnic L-3000 Preamplifier Review | A Unique Audiophile ExperienceI am upgrading to the L5000. Will sell for $5,500 and have extra tubes. This is another transformer upgrade to an even larger transformer that gives improved texture and dynamics. Cost $1500. The tubes last years.

3. Decided to keep the Museatex Amp/preamp. Make an offer for the Bidat by PM.