IGNORED

Any evidence wire is less than fully transparent at audio frequencies?

Any evidence wire is less than fully transparent at audio frequencies?

I recently thought about the title of this thread and wondered if there is a more accurate description that "audio frequencies". According to this research ( There's life above 20 kilohertz! A survey of musical instrument spectra to 102.4 kHz ) there is music up to 102.4 kHz.

Thus, are we talking about 0Hz to 102.4kHz as audio frequencies?

I'm sure those musical instruments are poorly designed (or stolen from K-Pax).

From my point of view the hearing test performed by otolaryngologists cover only the field that interests them: May you be able to hear a normal human conversation (not my daughters screaming).

Many of the test on super-high frequency hearing does not work if only generate those frequencies alone, but as part or extending others. Any musician with good ears can tell you.

Of course I don't have a graph to proof this, but a friend, but he hates graphs and said that he has to proof nothing to nobody (and no, he is not from K-Pax).

Roch

I'm sure those musical instruments are poorly designed (or stolen from K-Pax).

From my point of view the hearing test performed by otolaryngologists cover only the field that interests them: May you be able to hear a normal human conversation (not my daughters screaming).

Many of the test on super-high frequency hearing does not work if only generate those frequencies alone, but as part or extending others. Any musician with good ears can tell you.

Of course I don't have a graph to proof this, but a friend, but he hates graphs and said that he has to proof nothing to nobody (and no, he is not from K-Pax).

Roch

I'm a good musician.....and I can't tell you. Now if you're of the opinion that such frequencies have physiological effects, ok that would be something different since we're talking about listening which enacts hearing.

I'm a good musician.....and I can't tell you. Now if you're of the opinion that such frequencies have physiological effects, ok that would be something different since we're talking about listening which enacts hearing.

I have no doubts about your musician capabilities, or either audibility.

But how you know you are not listening to those higher frequencies described of "out the human hearing capabilities"? Maybe the only way is to remove it (by filtering), but I don't know about a good filter, crossover or whatever you name it, that don't destroy music integrity also.

I guess if you listen to the music instrument you play, without those higher frequencies being listenable (by an hypothetical excellent filter) , you don't recognize the instrument as it is (or should be).

That's for me the huge difference between some electronic music gear, interconnects, digital or analogue, digital music formats/sample rate, etc., etc. The closer to the real thing: Live unamplified or amplified (depending on the concert type), the better it's, and my dream. But, in this complicated & integrated process you can't forget the wires, since in my experience, they react very different under different electronic gear. It took me years (and a lot of money) to find the wires I like with my gear, not perfect yet, of course. BTW, this wires are with me since 10 years or so.

Just my point of view,

Roch

Douglas Hofstadter... Gödel, Escher, Bach

Ah, that was a very influential book for me, in my top 5. Also love the title of his 'Fluid Concepts and Creative Analogies' I only occasionally sip from it, like a fine wine.

I also heartily recommend 'Living Systems' by J.G. Miller.

Bye...