IGNORED

Yes-Topographic Oceans on HD Tracks?

How would anyone here know?This isn't the HD Tracks Facebook page. The week is not over yet, they said "this week".

Now Robert .. play nice :-)

lee59 .. welcome to the forum. Lots of us are waiting patiently for this release. Now re-read Robert's post ;-)

Hi folks!

Newbie here.

Tales From Topographic Oceans was announced to be released on HDT this week. Still not available. Snafu?

I'm hoping it's superb.

Welcome lee59 to CA.

There is much to enjoy and glean from the membership. And hope, as well, you have contributions. Timing of product announcements and their manifestations do not always coincide. And when they do, the discussions are furthered by your direct experience. When released let us know your experience of Tales From Topographic Oceans. In the meantime, there's plenty to absorb you, I imagine.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

My hope is that HD Tracks do NOT put it up until it is 100% great and they are sure of that. TFTO is just a record that screams out for a good 24/192 transfer.

HDTracks will not do any qualitative analysis (other than perhaps verifying that it is at the stated bitrate), so hoping is a waste of time. You can hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first as they say. They will sell what the label gives them, no matter how it sounds unless they have a huge shift in policy.

HDTracks will not do any qualitative analysis (other than perhaps verifying that it is at the stated bitrate), so hoping is a waste of time. You can hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first as they say. They will sell what the label gives them, no matter how it sounds unless they have a huge shift in policy.

I think if you have read any of my posts, or the many posts here debating HD Tracks, you will see that I don't need you to tell me that. No one expects a vendor to do a "qualitative' analysis as that is by nature subjective.

But reading your post did make me feel like I just took a crap in one hand, so thanks.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the responses and sorry if I started something. No offense taken on my end. I probably deserved the straightforward reply.

I joined this group because it seems like there are a lot of well-connected and well-informed members and I don't use Facebook. Between this group and the SH forum, there seem to be a group of folks who know a lot about HD releases before they hit the street and I was hoping someone here might be 'in the know' on this release given the anticipation for it.

Also, new music releases occur on Tuesdays even for digital stores...unless the 'shipment' is backordered or something.

Cheers!

Sorry, didn't mean to insult your intelligence or anything, just saw a good setup for an irresistible metaphor.

I think if you have read any of my posts, or the many posts here debating HD Tracks, you will see that I don't need you to tell me that. No one expects a vendor to do a "qualitative' analysis as that is by nature subjective.

But reading your post did make me feel like I just took a crap in one hand, so thanks.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the responses and sorry if I started something. No offense taken on my end. I probably deserved the straightforward reply.

I joined this group because it seems like there are a lot of well-connected and well-informed members and I don't use Facebook. Between this group and the SH forum, there seem to be a group of folks who know a lot about HD releases before they hit the street and I was hoping someone here might be 'in the know' on this release given the anticipation for it.

Also, new music releases occur on Tuesdays even for digital stores...unless the 'shipment' is backordered or something.

Cheers!

No worries here.

Remember, just because Tuesday might be the day in the physical store world, online it may not be so. HD Tracks appear to put most stuff up Tuesdays, but often, some stuff will appear later in the week, or even sometimes the following week.

Assume that what they announce Mondays on Facebook is what they either have been notified by the label is on the way, or has gone to be validated. In the first case, it is beyond their control. In the second, if the file received from the label has some issue, better that they hold off and resolve it first.

Wait, did someone say crapping in your hand makes audio sound better? Sounds odd, but i can give it a go. Can't be any stranger than some of the stuff we see around these forums!

Roon Rock running on a Gen 7 i5, Akasa Plao X7 fanless case. Schiit Lyr 2, Schiit Bifrost upgraded with Uber Analog and USB Gen 2, Grado RS1s, ADAM A3x Nearfield Monitors.

Wait, did someone say crapping in your hand makes audio sound better? Sounds odd, but i can give it a go. Can't be any stranger than some of the stuff we see around these forums!

Odd yes, but glancing at your signature I see you like Schiit anyway so why not :-)

I got it and jumped on the 24/192 version, I'm usually a 24/96 guy but this is one of my favorite albums so a I splurged. I have alot of versions of this along with alot of high res LP rips and so far this one is the best but I do have to really sit down and listen I've only scanned a few sections to get an idea of the sound quality.

The DR is good and the spectrum is legit high res, the signal goes all the way up and does NOT cut off at 22k like the recent close to the edge release. This is a 100% legit High res release in good shape with no tape issues or anything else plaguing it.

Ok so I just finished listening to the entire thing on headhpones and my initial reaction stands. Perfect Legit High res transfer, no tape hiss of any type, many details that were hidden in cd releases have come to life and much better sounding than any High Res LP rip I've heard. It also has a warm natural analog sound and is not harsh in the least.

A+ perfect, well worth the money if you are at all a fan of this album get this immediately.

Family went to bed, now I can listen to some of the tracks and it sounds clean, no hissing , and Anderson's voice sounds divine.

Good one HDT!

You two men go that way...

QNAP TS-131P->2019 Mac Mini-> -> dCS BArtok  -> balanced XLR -> Nagra MPA ->Shunyata Research cables and Hydra 6 -> Acapella La Campanella 2 horn speakers and REL R-328 SubBase. HiFi Rack Reference audio stand.