IGNORED

Google Expected to Start a Competitor to Spotify

More competition is good. I hope one fo the many services will offer lossless as a way to differentiate itself form the others.

Google is set to introduce a subscription music feature to compete against fast-growing streaming services like Spotify, according to several people briefed on its plans. Google is planning to introduce the new service as early as Wednesday at Google I/O, the company’s annual conference for software developers. The subscription feature will be connected to Play, Google’s online media hub, complementing its download store and “locker” feature, which lets people store their digital entertainment collections online, according to these people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity before Google’s official announcement.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/15/business/media/google-set-to-introduce-music-service-to-compete-with-spotify.html

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Yes.

neat. More competition is always good because it moves everyone forward. I however am not sold it seems to be more mobile oriented than MOG (yes I know MOG has a mobile app as well) and I almost never listen to music on my iDevices.

No electron left behind.