IGNORED

Core Audio and Mojo - is it the same company??

Hi All

I might be wrong, so bear with me. I read recently about a few guys over on the AudioGon who had bought Mac Minis with the (very expensive) power supply upgrade fro Core Audio. They had according to those posts been ripped off big time, and couldn't get their money back.

Now I am seeing more posts about Mojo Audio on this forum. Those posts on AudioGon were saying they are the same guy.

I just checked the Whois record for the 2 domains, and surprise surprise, they are both on GoDaddy and have the same IP address for the server feed. Now it MIGHT be a coincidence thought there a thousands of ISPs out their, but it kinda makes we rather suspicious here. And why is the Whois client name and contact hidden? It they were legit they would have the company name on their. My view is I need to steer well clear of this company.

Unless someone out there has actually had a good result from their, err, rather expensive mains boxes?

I would love to know about that....

Spanish Distributor for Aries Cerat

Two Channel System: Aries Cerat Kassadra DAC, Aries Cerat Genus SET Integrated Amplifier, Plinius SA-103 Power Amplifier, Zingali Horns Client Name Evo 1.2.

Headphone system: Aries Cerat Kassadra DAC, Violectric V281 Headphone Amplifier, Audeze LCD4 2018, LCD2-Classic 2018.

No, they are different firms. Mojo Audio is Benjamin Zwickel in McKees Rocks, PA (moving to Albuquerque, NM in April according to his web site). Core Audio is Ryan Mintz in Wake Forest, NC.

GoDaddy is both a domain registration service and optionally, a co-hosting service provider. Domain sales sites frequently push a $5/year add-on to hide the domain name owner information, so that is not uncommon. I think the IP address lookup is similar because it appears that both Mojo and Core happened to sign up with the same e-commerce software/web company: bigcommercemarketing360.com.

With regards to the actual products, service, reputability, reliability, or longevity of either firms, I have no opinion as I have no direct experience with either.

Hope this helps.

Well, This guy;

View Profile: glory - Computer Audiophile

certainly has an ax to grind and has been posting extremely defamatory comments about both these companies on a number of sites, also claiming they are one and the same business entity. He has been successful in tarnishing their reputation to the degree that we get a thread like this.

Are they as unscrupulous as he claims? Are they partners? Were they partners? Wish I knew.

Ben Z. (Mojo) has been banned from this site (read the thread that initiated the ban but didn't see the offence as worthy of a ban) Link below:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/new-mac-mini-audiophile-upgrade-i-came-across-13638/

They used to be the same company. To the best of my knowledge, Mojo (Ben), let Ryan Mintz keep the Core Audio name and business and Ben stayed with Mojo. Ryan Mintz operates Core Audio out of Los Angeles, California. When Glory had problems (significant ones with Core Audio), Ben and Ryan were still partners under the Core Audio name.

MG555

There is no need any longer to write about went down between Ben/Ryan and me.

To clear up matters the were a tag team in the whole deal.

It took some 3 years for it to get out. What you sow is what you reap. Sometimes harvest time can be delayed.

Ben Z. (Mojo) has been banned from this site (read the thread that initiated the ban but didn't see the offence as worthy of a ban) Link below:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/new-mac-mini-audiophile-upgrade-i-came-across-13638/

wdw: Chris clearly stated the reason for the ban... Others have been banned for similar reasons on the back of similar posts.

Remember Chris may have removed posts as well as banning the user.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.