IGNORED

6 HDTracks albums: Happy?

I have only 6 albums from HDTracks (rest of my albums are ripped CDs as well as downloads from Naim, Ref. Rec., dCS, etc.)

Can any of you guys (and gals) say that you are happy with the SQ of the following 6 HDTracks albums:

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly (24/48)

Keith Jarrett - the Koln Concert (24/96)

Mike Garson - Serendipity (16/44.1)

Rush - Moving Pictures (24/96)

Steely Dan - Gaucho (24/96)

Alison Krauss and Union Station - Paper Airplane (24/96)

Let me know your thoughts on these.

I have three of these downloads:

Donald Fagen - I prefer the old vinyl LP (Warner-USA, 1982), the sound is "warmer" and more natural, the download is a bit harsh. I don't have a CD to compare

Keith Jarrett - this download is fantastic and outperforms my first pressing ECM-LP, the piano sounds very natural and undistorted, you can hear Keith Jarrett breath and hum. Your listening room is transforming into the Cologne concert hall.

Steely Dan - a bit more precise and dynamic than the SACD. The sound is very clean and a bit sterile, but imo that is the way this album was recorded.

Macbook, PureMusic, Weiss DAC 202, Wordclock Grimm CC1, Platine Verdier, Dynavector DV507MkII, Ortofon SPU Anniversary,

Lindemann D680, Preamp Klimo Merlin (battery-powered), Geithain RL 901, Oyaide, Grimm + Groneberg cables

Love the Jarrett, happy w/ Alison Krauss too as I have a rip of my CD and dl has better SQ.

Why your question?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Steely Dan - a bit more precise and dynamic than the SACD. The sound is very clean and a bit sterile, but imo that is the way this album was recorded.

I'd forgo the Steely Dan from HDtracks & choose something else. The Redbook MFSL version of Gaucho is very engaging & takes away the sterility.

Keith Jarrett Donald Fagan and Paper Airplane good choices for SQ and for content.

No comments for Garson and Rush, never heard of either, sorry.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA