IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

11 hours ago, wklie said:

I confirm that Lumin is playing the 320kbps AAC stream of Sveriges Radio P2 since firmware released after November 2021.  Do not use a custom URL.  Just add it as a TuneIn favorite normally.

You should see AAC 48kHz 16 bit, but there is no display of 320kbps. This is normal.

Is it not possible to display the encoded audio's bitrate instead of the decoded (in this lossy encoded audio case) audio's bit depth for lossy encoded audio like AAC & MP3, given how useful bitrate is as a guide to the quality of the lossy encoded audio and that bit depth is normally considered as having no meaning for lossy encoded audio anyway?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

• 5 months later...

Changing the default way MinimServer presents the information to controllers such as the Lumin app requires you to get the paid full license option or the free 30 day trial license option for MinimServer:

https://minimserver.com/licensing.html

This will then allow you to fully access MinimServer's property settings, which includes changing its default Folder view order - via the sortTags option of MinimServer's tagOptions property. See:

https://minimserver.com/ug-browsing.html#Selection choices

Folder view. This choice is displayed as [folder view] and is shown only in the home container. If you select this, you'll see each of the contentDir directories (folders) as a list of subfolders followed by any playlists in the folder and any items in the folder. Selecting any subfolder shows its subfolders, playlists and items in a similar format. By default, folder items are sorted first by album name, then by track number, then by track title. This ordering can be changed as described in the List sort order section.

https://minimserver.com/ug-browsing.html#List sort order

The sortTags option can also be used to specify an ordered list of tags to be used for sorting the list of items within a folder in folder view or the list of items in the <n> items list. You can also use other settings in the tagOptions property to change the sort order of some lists. See the Tag options section for details.

https://minimserver.com/ug-library.html#Tag options

sortTags

In addition, it can be used for item comparisons in folder view by using the special value 'folder' or '[folder]' as the tag name and it can be used for item comparisons in the <n> items list by using the special value 'items' or '[items]' as the tag name. For example, to sort folder items by the Date and Title tags, you can specify the option folder.sortTags={Date, Title}.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

11 hours ago, Ropet said:

I do not have full option on MinimServer but my tunes are played in order from net streaming or from my NAS. That kind of issues (for ripped or downloads), I fix in programs like MP3Tag editor where I can change/add playing order, album title, main artist, improved image of album, genre etc. Its an excellent tool for keeping good order in your catalogue and in the presentation on Lumin.

Not sure what this has to do with my reply to @Lmn's issue.  MinimServer's full options are not for fixing problems with music file tags themselves - MinimServer does not come with a tag editor, not even with the full license.

It goes without saying that to avoid catalogue inconsistency problems with any media server, you should make sure the music file tags are in good order - making use of a tag editor, such as the excellent free MP3Tag, as required.

-- Jo Cox

13 hours ago, Lmn said:

Thank you Cebolla for your detailled reply. Unfortunatelly I can‘t solve the problem. I couldn‘t find out, which is the correct setting to sort the tracks in a folder with different album names without sorting them by alphabetical album order. I’d like to have an order by the numbers of the tracks in my folder wihout erasing the album names.

I don't know if I was able to make myself understood.🤔

image.png.fd9049744979d7a661d14b80ba762e32.png

I thought I had understood the issue - please correct me if this isn't so:

- your music file tracks are stored in various folders in the storage drive;

- you have structured it such that you can have music file tracks in the same folder from different albums;

- you want to use the media server's folder view in the controller app (like in the Lumin app image above), so that you can select the file tracks to play from one particular folder that you've navigated to;

- you want the order of the tracks of the navigated folder to be sorted by Tracknumber (then Title?) order (as Asset UPnP does) and not as MinimServer does by default (Album then Tracknumber then Title order).

If that is the case then perhaps you couldn't quite work out what you need to do from the MinimServer user guide instructions that I quoted.

Simply put, assuming that you have either activated the trial or the full license, just add folder.sortTags={Tracknumber,Title} to the tagFormat property:

image.png

If you hadn't already guessed, the default value for folder.sortTags is {Album,Tracknumber,Title}, but this is implied when folder.sortTags is blank (isn't in the tagFormat property).

-- Jo Cox

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, musicguy said:

It has to be the lumen player.   because is can log into Qobuz and use the downloaded app to my iMacs  I have two. and I can log into Qobuz and play music.  its only my. lumen app and my m connect app/lumin player

@musicguy, glad you managed to sort out your problem. However, I thought it best to point out that the mconnect (Player) app can be used with any UPnP/DLNA supporting streamer, not just Lumin players. The mconnect Player app uses a totally independent method of logging into TIDAL & Qobuz that does not involve the UPnP/DLNA streamer it is controlling at all, so that includes your Lumin player. Therefore it would be incorrect to say that a problem with Qobuz or TIDAL logging in on the mconnect Player app has something to do with the Lumin Player. 

-- Jo Cox

• 3 months later...
On 11/21/2023 at 7:44 AM, ItsintheTiming said:

RE the playback of 32 bit non floating point digital files there are not many sources of these to obtain and try them. The record label 2L once had a test bench page for free download of different file resolutions/dynamic range music for use as comparisons as to their sound quality but it seems to have gone and is under construction.

My memory & (far more reliably) the Wayback Machine internet archive tell me that the now defunct 2L test bench download page's maximum original source resolution for comparison was 24 bit DXD, so not 32 bit:

https://web.archive.org/web/20221006033445/http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html

-- Jo Cox