IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

Am I missing something? In the LUMIN app, when browsing TIDAL and Qobuz, I see how you can add a track to Favorites, but I don’t see a way to add a track to one of my TIDAL or Qobuz playlists.

The LUMIN app has powerful **local** playlist-making functionality, but I don’t see how I can add anything to my TIDAL and Qobuz playlists.

• Is there a way to do something like “Add to Playlist” and then select the TIDAL or Qobuz playlist to add the track to?

Cheers,

Gus

Thanks Peter, that works, but it is not the best way to just add one new song to an existing playlist in TIDAL or Qobuz.

No worries, I have other apps to do discovery and playlist creation (not to mention the native TIDAL and Qobuz apps) so not a big deal.

I’m a new U1 Mini user and I love the LUMIN app (and the U1 Mini).

Cheers,

Gus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Axiom05 said:

Well, I guess I won't be taking the risk of buying a U1 unless I'm sure I won't get the occasional beginning of a track clipped off. The units are not returnable & I have no way of trying one in my home first. That's really a shame as I didn't really want to buy an Aurender as I prefer using a NAS. I will not be renewing my Roon subscription so I was looking for a better sounding solution.

FWIW, I have a U1 Mini and feed an RME ADI-2 DAC via USB. I have never had the Lumin/RME combo clip the beginning of a track, regardless of sample rate changes. I rarely play an entire album, so my play queue is almost always a mix of Redbook, 24/44.2, 24/48, .., up to 24/192 (Qobuz and TIDAL, no NAS/local files). 

Far from scientific, and not using a stop watch, I set up a playlist with all the sample rates and mixed and matched them (sometime playing a couple of the same SR in a row).  I estimate sample rate changes experience a 3-4 second delay; no delay between songs with the same sample rate, even when going from 16- to 24-bit songs.

Cheers,

Gus

• 5 months later...

Why is there even an option to turn on or off “Leedh Processing Volume” in the settings if it is so much more superior to the old processing? Why not just market the new firmware as “now implementing the far superior Leedh processing for digital volume control” and just keep the “Volume Control” On/Off setting? Did we need another thing to decide to turn on or off? The only valid reason to keep the old digital volume control as an option is if there is some situation where it is better than Leedh processing. Is there such a situation where I should select the non-Leedh processing if I have turned on “Volume Control” in the settings?

Cheers,

Gus

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I prefer choice. I like to decide what I like best rather than have someone else decide what I like best. 

You are of course correct sir: choice is preferred; and part of the hobby for me is trying out all the permutations looking for the *best* sound. I have to stop myself sometimes and quit A/B’ing all the choices though, and just enjoy the music.

As for the Leedh implementation on my Lumin U1 Mini connected to my preamp via USB: it is slightly audibly better sounding to my ears when using Leedh processing and setting the DAC/pre-amp to a unity gain setting, versus turning volume control off on the U1m and using the digital volume control of the DAC/pre-amp. However, until Lumin implements IR (or IP, or bluetooth) remote control capability on their products, my Harmony Elite remote, controlling my preamp (and everything else in my system) is preferred over an app’s volume slider. 

@wklie thank you again for your candid answers. Always a pleasure to read.