IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

On 1/23/2019 at 2:13 AM, luisma said:

@Em2016, are you still running your Allo Bridge with DietPi? I am just dusting of my Allo Bridge running Allo's software and wanted to ask you if DietPi is better for an HQPE NAA? I remember Allo had trouble bricking some devices with their updates some time ago and don't know the current status.

I'm about to start testing and dablling with my fanless NAA and @Miska bootable images and AL and the Allo will allow me to compare and have a stable NAA as well.

Thanks

Hi, I didn't see notification for this. Apologies for delay.

Hardware design of USBridge is fantastic - low noise USB source. Problem is DietPi (for me) and running old Linux kernel (3.x still)

If hope there is a USBridge 2.0 (non Sparky) released, which can use one of Jussi's existing bootable USB NAA images - this would be ideal. Jussi's image on great hardware would be perfect (one day).

In terms of best HQP experience, Jussi's bootable images are numbero uno for me (unsurprisingly, as it's optimized for one thing only).

USBridge was mostly fine for me - if it's working for you, just don't ever do a DietPi update, unless you're prepared for things to go wrong and you need to do a clean install. Which means you need to open the thing and take the eMMC out etc.

I'm not aware of bricked units after DietPi updates - updates going wrong were fixed by clean installs, but it's a pain of a process.

I have the Jussi recommended UpBoard Gateway too, running his bootable USB image and it's great too. Flawless experience with HQP.

19 minutes ago, acatala said:

I have read that the problems may arise from GUI updates. It seems that console updates work fine.

Good point. Yes the web GUI image version caused me and others most issues.

The normal Sparky image (on DietPi website under Sparky) has been better for me.

42 minutes ago, acatala said:

I have ordered one USBridge (DietPi version) a couple of days ago, so I have not tested any yet. I guess, that even the USBridge preloads a GUI version, the console can be still used, right?

Yes absolutely, you can do everything via ssh with the web GUI version. 

But I did a clean install with the non-GUI version which is available from the DietPi website. Just go to the Sparky download section.

1 minute ago, luisma said:

That's what I needed to know, let me look for the procedure to reflash my Allo USB Bridge just with that image or find out how to remove the GUI

Thanks

Just download the non-GUI version here. Burn image to eMMC card via etcher (WIndows and Mac).

1269041596_ScreenShot2019-01-25at12_12_41am.thumb.png.d4b0ce6be9a17e092e89d6c9e946d0b2.png

Then follow typical DietPi install instructions.

ssh root@ipaddress , password is dietpi

There will be a dietpi screen that comes up later to change the default password  (which you should change).

1 hour ago, acatala said:

And the question here is: Will I be able to play native DSD too with UP Gataway and any this two software configurations that I am going to test?

For the best HQP experience, Jussi's bootable NAA image is the best NAA! As probably expected, since it's optimised for NAA and nothing else.

I have the UpBoard Gateway (followed Jussi's recommendation) and it's been absolutely flawless as NAA. Very very low power consumption.

I installed DietPi on it and also AudioLinux and did a lot of testing but Jussi's bootable image was best for me. 

20 minutes ago, acatala said:

@Miska, where could I get that Debian kernel?

Is that better than using your NAA images as suggested by @Em2016?

See below. I run the below kernel for HQPe , since I also Roon Server alongside. For NAA I don't need anything other than NAA, so I just use Jussi's bootable USB image because it's literally doing nothing else other than NAA. Less work by the NAA, less power consumption, less noise, better SQ (all in my mind 😁 )

wget https://www.sonarnerd.net/src/stretch/linux-image-4.9.151-jl+_12_amd64.deb

wget https://www.sonarnerd.net/src/stretch/linux-headers-4.9.151-jl+_12_amd64.deb

dpkg -i linux-headers-4.9.151-jl+_12_amd64.deb

dpkg -i linux-image-4.9.151-jl+_12_amd64.deb

Hi @Miska

To install NAA on Debian Stretch (once I already have your low latency custom image and header already installed), is this all that's required to install NAA?

wget https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/stretch/networkaudiod_3.5.5-39_amd64.deb

dpkg -i networkaudiod_3.5.5-39_amd64.deb

Nothing else?

Thanks!

Edit:

I got this error:

Unpacking networkaudiod (3.5.5-39) ...

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of networkaudiod:

networkaudiod depends on libasound2 (>= 1.0.16); however:

Package libasound2 is not installed.

But then found one of your older posts to run this:

apt install -f

All good now!

1 hour ago, Miska said:

It syncs up base OS with HQPlayer Embedded 4.8.0.

Is that version also a ramrooted version NAA?

If not, can you add “ramroot” to the filename of the one which is? Just to make it easier to differentiate from the one that isn’t.

Although I guess the filesize is a hint?

3 minutes ago, Miska said:

No "ramroot", but yes it runs out of RAM just like the 3552 too.

Ok thanks.

Is there going to be a 355 NAA version that syncs up base OS with HQPlayer Embedded 4.8.0, that isn't run out of RAM?

Or are all future amd64 NAA versions going to be RAM run now?

Not that I'm bothered at all, just for information only.

Just now, Miska said:

No, that's the HQPlayer OS image, aka HQPlayer Embedded image. Not much point in making many too similar versions...

Ah yes, I wonder why the file size was so huge for NAA. All clear now.

Is Embedded now fully running in RAM, or just the NAA functionality parts runs in RAM?

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, jrd1975 said:

[/Users/networkaudiod-356/networkaudiod] (681): clSocket::SetOption(): setsockopt(): Can’t assign requested address

Yes, I've seen the same with NAA 356 when I tried.

But then again I've never been able to get NAA to work on MacOS - although the same Mac and same chain can run Windows NAA fine (Windows running on the Mac via Boot Camp).

I'm going to be wiping my Mac soon as I prepare to finally update it to Mojave. Will re-test then.

• 4 months later...
17 minutes ago, Miska said:

OK, sounds good! I'll look into getting a new Pi and updating the NAA image.

Nice! This MIGHT take the crown as the most affordable of the reliable & recommended NAA's (for DSD512 and up).

Especially for those of us that prefer copper ethernet, instead of WiFi.

Hi @Miska

The latest NAA image doesn't work too well with lattepanda - stuttering with playback. This one:

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/images/naa-3561-x64.7z

But HQP OS image (as NAA) works fine. This one:

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/hqplayerd/images/hqplayer-embedded-4.11.0-x64.7z

My UP Gateway (for different zone) is obviously fine with NAA image as it's officially recommended.

I know lattepanda isn't officially recommended and I'm quite happy using the HQP OS image (works fine) but just thought I'd share feedback.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:39 PM, Miska said:

What is the problem?

Clean installed Mojave on my Macbook.

And still getting these errors.

Windows NAA on my same Macbook (Boot Camp) works fine. Same network connections. Same everything else.

189328688_ScreenShot2019-07-20at9_28_37pm.thumb.png.f65e3f9ddaffa12c8ef16cdacd8d36e0.png

1540640337_ScreenShot2019-07-20at9_28_29pm.thumb.png.763f8bcf611c328cc446557aa2b7edec.png

11 minutes ago, Miska said:

If you start with "NETWORKAUDIOD_IPV6=0 networkaudiod"

How do I do this?

I'm using HQP OS on one end and trying Mac NAA on other end.

Where do I enter/change/use this ""NETWORKAUDIOD_IPV6=0 networkaudiod""

In case it was the AX88179 USB3 to gigabit ethernet adapter, I tried my Macbook's built-in ac WiFi.

Same error message.

I'm puzzled because the same network connections works fine with Windows NAA (Boot Camp on same Macbook).

Only difference is the OS and the NAA.