IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

Dear Jussi, I have just setup my NAA using naa-3561-x64.7z on MinnowBoard Turbot with the goal of using Native DSD with my two DACs.

1) When I plug in my VANTAM Classic Master Limited, the NAA recognised the DAC, playback of PCM and DOP are fine but Native DSD (in PC capable of DSD256) is not working. DAC recognised information as attached.IMG_0312.HEIC Could you please consider adding Native DSD support to this device, I'm willing to support the testing and verifying.

2) When I plug in my iBasso DX220 (in DAC mode), the NAA notified as "can not enable, may be the USB cable is bad?"IMG_0313.HEIC. The cable works fine in the other machine and is a USB-A (connects NAA) to USB-C (connects to DAP) cable, could it be the cable's problem? It has a XMOS USB and capable of DSD512.

Both DACs' detection messages as attachedIMG_0314.HEIC. Once again, thank you for the great program and thank you for your help!

• 3 months later...

I'm shocked to find out with HQPlayer 4.1.1 (on win10) and X64 NAA on Minnowboard, when I check 48k DSD and Auto Rate, my iFi iDSD Pro would not play any 48k DSD, I recall @Miska pointed out as long as the NAA is running linux, 48k DSD should work for iFi product. Could @Miska please advice a procedure to troubleshoot if this is iDSD Pro's problem or if it's the NAA's (hqplayer-embedded-4.11.2-x64.7z )driver issue? Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Miska said:

Does 44.1k DSD work? Have you set your rate limit to 48k DSD? If you check HQPlayer log file, does the NAA report the needed DSD rates being available?

44.1k DSD works perfectly. I have checked 48k DSD, Auto Rate checked (instead of grey), when I play 48k pcm upsampled to DSD 256 (48k class), I heard the music with white noice and wrong pace. Will check HQPlayer log file later, but it's the log file on host PC, not on the NAA right? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 8:51 PM, Holzohr said:

From my memory the iFi Pro iDSD was able to play 48k DSD with its first firmware and lost this ability with the MQA-ready firmware. 

15 hours ago, kohmelo said:

I can confirm that 48k rates work with my Pro iDSD and Linux NAA.

1.60 firmware is required for that so you lose MQA capability.

Pro iDSD will also output some "crackles and pops" when switching from audio format to another, so there's that and few other minor bugs related to 1.60 firmware that are not there with latest MQA capable FW versions >2.XX.

As far as I know 1.60 is the last FW that handles 48k rates and it's available via iFi support.

Thank you! I think both of you are right on about the issue. To test iDSD Pro itself is capable of 48k DSD, I send it a 48k pcm file, and it remastered to 1024 DSD (shown as 49MHz) without any issue! I have sent PM to @AMR/iFi audio along with gain setting question (gain and volume settings for 80 Ohm Utopia headphone to keep the Amp section working in Class A) and waiting for their reply.