IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

On 3/5/2020 at 4:42 AM, Miska said:

HQPlayer can of course output DSD1024 and 1536/32 PCM...

Jussi @Miska, I believe you use Debian based Linux for your NAA.  Does Debian natively support DSD1024 and 1536 PCM or did you need to modify it to support those frequencies?  I currently must use your NAA in order to upsample to 1536 PCM.

Pierro's @hifi25nl Audiolinux  and Željko's Euphony distribution is based on Archlinux.  I have tried both Audiolinux and Euphony and neither output 1536 PCM.  Sound does come out of speakers, but it's garbled. If I bring it down to 768 there is no issue.

Do you know if this is a limitation of Archlinux and can not be improved by either Pierro or Željko?  Or is it possible with your NAA package in one of theirs?

13 minutes ago, Miska said:

I should do their work for free, for them, so they can charge money for it? Come on please...

When they ship HQPlayer on their platform, they are primarily responsible for supporting HQPlayer on their platform.

I'm well busy enough working on my products on the platforms I support.

I personally don't care.  It's your relationship with your business partners.  Some business owners view things differently.

As a consumer all I want is to be able to use your software on their platform to upsample at the highest frequency my DAC supports.  All of you make great software.  I'm just asking for something that it seems only you have done.

I have high confidence that Piero at least will take what you've told him and do something with it.

50 minutes ago, Miska said:

Or likewise you have sold many Audiolinux licenses due to HQPlayer that you wouldn't have otherwise sold.

I guess your thing is making Audiolinux. You are asking money specifically for Audiolinux. I'm not asking any money for HQPlayer OS or NAA OS.

I just don't like being asked to help other people make money on something I do for free.

If some commercial entity needs help, I can think about it at hourly fee.

Or, you have both sold more licenses by working together and combining your products.  

By the way, I've purchased HQPlayer Embedded, Windows desktop and previously Linux desktop when they were separate products.  I've also bought upgraded versions.