IGNORED

Audirvana Plus remote app (Android)

DomieMic65

Can you please tell me witch app should I use to control the A+ with my Galaxy Nexus I am waiting next week?

I cant wait to turn the bloody tv off :)

Thnx!!!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

Anyone??

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Unless your player has a native app the only option you have is to use a VNC (screen share) application from your device. You will need to enable screen share on your Mac and optionally set a VNC password.

I personally use Decibel as my player and am eagerly waiting for a native remote app too!

Merging NADAC / Theta Compli --> Spectral DMC-20 --> Spectral DMA-250 --> Avalon Ascendant (with tweeter upgrades)

Thnx!!

If you use A+ "integrated with iTunes" mode, you can use "Remote for iTunes," which is available for just a few bucks at the GooglePlay store. If you use it as a standalone, you'll need a VNC or other desktop controller; I use Splashtop Remote, which also costs a few bucks. Either way, you can control A+ pretty well (although any desktop controller app will punish you if you have big fingers. :)).

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

If you use A+ "integrated with iTunes" mode, you can use "Remote for iTunes," which is available for just a few bucks at the GooglePlay store.

My experience with android app Remote for iTunes is that it crashes A+. May have something to do with controlling iTunes via a smart playlist which have caused problems. Haven't tried it with 1.3.9.10 yet, will let you know.

As an aside it works well with iTunes alone and also Bitperfect.

My experience with android app Remote for iTunes is that it crashes A+. May have something to do with controlling iTunes via a smart playlist which have caused problems. Haven't tried it with 1.3.9.10 yet, will let you know.

Before the 1.3.9.9 beta of A+, I routinely had crashes, even kernel panics, whenever using iTunes Integrated Mode, whether or not I used the android ITunes Remote app. I don't have any smart playlists on the Mac in question, so I don't think that was the cause.

Basically, the crash/KP problem would arise if I tried to switch playlists or between FLAC and MP3 files (which I store on different drives), whether I did so at the computer or using a remote app.

However, beginning with 1.3.9.9 and continuing in the current .10 release, I have found iTunes Integrated Mode to be stable enough to use again, and I've been controlling with the apps I mentioned. (I should add that I use the same apps for PureMusic, which I run when I want to add FLAC files to the library, since A+ can recognize PM imports and not vice versa. In my experience, PM has been absolutely stable with remote apps whenever I've used it and I have valued it for that reason. However, I am fond of A+'s sound quality, so I often load new music with PM and then return to A+ for playback. I have found that both products can peacefully coexist on the same machine.)

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

• 6 years later...

I heard that they are about to come out with an Android app. Crossing my fingers here.

LDMS Minix Server>Lampizator TRP w/ VC>Gryphon Diablo>Heil Kithara

Cables: Douglas Cables 'Mirage'', (Power); Douglas Cables 'Mirage' (XLR); Douglas Cables "GLIA" (speaker cables & jumper); FTA Callisto (USB)

Accessories: Furutech GTX-D (G) with cover, MIT Z Duplex Super; Equitech Balanced Power, Sistrum (for Diablo & TRP)