IGNORED

Article: Ripping Blu-ray The Easy Way

If you have the ISO ripped (or MKV), then you'll just need a DTS HD MA decoder like Arcsoft (mentioned in this thread). I found one, added it to my EAc3to GUI front end (HDConcertRipper), and voila...have up to 24/192 decoded from the lossless DTS codec. My only issue is that I need someone to rip the BD's; I don't have a ripper. :)

Ted if you can take a moment to go over the process used I'd appreciate it. I downloaded the .zip of the eac3to from the first link in Madshi's linked post, I'm on W7-PROx64 so my .Net is already 4.0 and 4.5 installed, don't care about WMA, then downloaded and installed the .zip from MuteyM's first post which is HDConcertRipper 1.4.2

I have the dtsdecoder.dll from a trial of ArcSoft, how do I "register" that with HDConcertRipper? Or is it automatic as soon as you copy that .dll into the HDConcertRipper folder?

DVD Audio Extractor is available for Mac but it seems Passkey is Windows only. Is there another tool that can be used to replace Passkey?

Speakers: Egglestonworks Andra III front left/right and centre; Egglestonworks Rosa as surround; Rel Stentor II subwoofer. Synergistic Research Element Copper speaker cable. Cardas Clear Light interconnect. Amps: Krel FPB-200 and 2 x Krell KAV 150a. Theta Casablanca IV with multichannel Dirac Live. Oppo 103. Isotek GII Titan power conditioning. Acoustic treatments: 2 x RPG Modex Plates; RPG 100mm BAD panels; RPG Skylines.

DVD Audio Extractor is available for Mac but it seems Passkey is Windows only. Is there another tool that can be used to replace Passkey?

I think you should be able to use MakeMKV to create a backup of the disk to BD folder while removing the copy protection.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Thanks. Apologies, I posted having read the article but not all the comments. I will give it a go.

Speakers: Egglestonworks Andra III front left/right and centre; Egglestonworks Rosa as surround; Rel Stentor II subwoofer. Synergistic Research Element Copper speaker cable. Cardas Clear Light interconnect. Amps: Krel FPB-200 and 2 x Krell KAV 150a. Theta Casablanca IV with multichannel Dirac Live. Oppo 103. Isotek GII Titan power conditioning. Acoustic treatments: 2 x RPG Modex Plates; RPG 100mm BAD panels; RPG Skylines.

• 2 months later...

Hello! Does anyone have any experience of the latest Samsung Blu-Ray drive the SE-506 CB - as the AB drive is now discontinued? This is for Blu-Ray audio ripping using DVDAE?

I'm using Mac OSX Mountain Lion.

I ordered an AB drive from Amazon but got a CB - they said no AB's available. Doe sit matter? Has the firmware been fixed to prevent the trick with DVDAE for example? Anyone tried it?

• 6 months later...

I installed Passkey lite and it starts to work then tells me I have to upgrade and I'm not sure what to do. The one

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

AnyDVD HD is the equivalent of Passkey.

MakeMKV is a different sort of tool. It's for ripping discs, rather than being able to play discs or access the data on them with any software of your choosing.

And I have not found it to be updated for the latest releases as quickly as AnyDVD HD is.

Both have their own uses.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Skeptic. AnyDVD works great and very easy.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

• 1 year later...

I let my AnyDVD expire (stupidly didn't buy lifetime) and have a few Blu-rays that I want to rip. I found RedFox which is the same thing (because of the whole legal situation) and downloaded but now I have issues. I was able to get these ripped but need a new decrypter.

Red Fox and PassKey both will decrypt but then my external Pioneer BD portable isn't recognized by Windows. Looking at DVD Fab which has audio rip form BD now. Help!!!

I just realized Pass Key is DVD Fab. No clue which decrypter to use.

I just realized Pass Key is DVD Fab. No clue which decrypter to use.

That's the one I use. Has never been an issue for me as long as your using the BR capable ripper. Just is important is your media player and it's ability to play all formats off of any media hard copy/data holder.

Once I"ve ripped the BR to HDD, then it's quite simple to strip the audio out, using DVD fab, often I rip in chapters the audio and video, then use JRiver to strip out the audio.

It's been awhile since I've done this. Haven't purchased hard media in ages.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)