IGNORED

Audiogon's New Facelift...

I was in the middle of two transactions as the change took place - now they don't even show up on Mypage and I can't find the seller of one of them so I can leave my very positive feedback. They certainly should have done some more testing off line before putting this out there. I think this could indeed jeopordize the future of this very valuable site unless they fix all the quirks quickly - maybe an opportunity for competition?

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/61/613964.html

This post on AA explains some of the issues with Audiogon.

"I was just informed that Arnie Chinta, co-founder of Audiogon, has resigned. It's also reported that Arnie's silent partner's son has been largely responsible for the tide of untested, unwelcome changes, and that most if not all of the people who were on the lookout for the bad guys have been let go as well. More changes for the worse are said to be coming, but time will tell. One other thing, and it's important, is that supposedly there is little or no security on the site any more, so a word to the wise."

I'd stay well away from it for now.

clay

It seems as though most of the positive comments are coming from those that don't buy or sell there. I can certainly say that the site is (a) slower than before; (b) harder to navigate; and © more confusing to use. Some of that might be kinks that can be worked out, but I sure spend a lot less time looking for interesting deals there than I used to.

That having been said, I sure hope they get if fixed fast, as it is otherwise a highly valuable site with good sellers and buyers.

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

In this case, change - in my opinion - was a bad idea. That light yellow may not scream 2012 (or even 2002), but it was just so easy to cruise through; blue text on a light yellow background made for such easy viewing and legibility, at least for me. Sure, those of us that have used the site for ages are used to it - *very* used to it - but the new version just feels so less slick than the previous uber-simplistic design. And yeah, where did that granular search functionality go to?

Apple Mac Pro / SSD / FLAC / Logitech Media Server >> Wi-Fi >> Logitech Squeezebox Touch (w/EDO) >> TOSLINK >> Chord Qute EX >> RG6 >> Goldpoint SA-1 >> RG6 >> James Burgess "Baby Ongaku" (EML 2A3M) >> 12 AWG zip cord >> Omega Speaker Systems Super 8 XRS